• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

financial crisis all my Ebay sales

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minaleeny

Reaction score
Who else thinks Ebay sales have died off? As soon as we had the financial crisis all my Ebay sales have dried up. Its like nobody wants to spend a cent on anything. Could this be the thin edge of the wedge? Will this be short lived or are we going to be in real financial trouble?

Postage killed it for us, we sold small diecast cars at a £3-10 a pop and last year/thisyear the postage pretty much doubled if not tripled and people adjusted their bids accordingly, bidding a lower amount so the over cost was still the same. So basically as a seller our profit was taken so it was no longer worth doing so we have up.. Sad times

I hugely cut back on selling on eBay at the start of the year as I saw a significant increase in people scamming me. People got wise to eBay always siding with the buyer so started raising "Item not as described" claims on everything solely with a view to getting a partial refund and keeping the item. Killed it for me i'm afraid.
I sell on eBay via strictly cash on collection only these days, no paypal payments received whatsoever.

I'd say eBay is a dying company due to their approach on siding with the buyer but I'd be wrong and theyre certainly not crying into their pillowcases full of cash at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.