Firetec system....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DUBious-TLB said:
1, dazza1975 roof mounted with chafguard and led. in hertsordshire @33% discount
2, Mister - Upright mount with chafguard, Lewes Nr Brighton
3,Baz1875-Roof mounted with LED. in birmingham @33% discount
4, Myvanway - Roof mounted with chafguard and led. Northamptonshire. @33%
5, 68_early_bay-- horizontal roof mounted with chafguard and green led. In Nottingham 33%
6. Lordain Volley
7. Pottinger
8. Rockandrollcamper - roof mounted with chafguard and led. in Durham @33% discount
9. who? AFFF foam, Engine compartment ceiling mounted with Stainless Chafegard spiral.
10. Antoine- Roof mounted with chafguard in York
11. mattd - Roof mounted with Foam, ChafeGuard and Red LED. Berkshire/Surrey/Hampshire.
12. Craig763-Roof mounted, with chafeguard and Red dash LED. Cardiff
13. Luk0zade - Roof mounted with chafeguard - in Leicester
14. leezee, roof mounted, chafguard, red led, edinburgh
15. Envyjay Roof mounted with chafeguard foam filled, dash LED in Bedfordshire
16. StuF - Horizontally Roof Mounted, ChafeGuard, Foam Filled in Lincoln :)
17. Tim S - Horizontally Roof Mounted, Surrey
18. Olive Bay
19. ALGNI - Horizontal roof mounted, Foam, no extras @33% (Bognor/Portsmouth/Southampton)
20. ALGNI+1 (Farrantini) - Horizontal roof mounted, Foam, no extras @33% (Bognor/Portsmouth/Southampton)
21. ALGNI+1 (Rimbo) - Horizontal roof mounted, Foam, no extras @33% (Bognor/Portsmouth/Southampton)
22. Marriedblonde - Roof mounted with chafeguard foam filled - southampton (or newbury) I am happy to take delivery for anyone in either of these area's and arrange delivery/collection to cut down on cost
23. kevinhall
24. Calker71 - Roof mount, chafeguard, dash LED, Nottingham so happy to share delivery
25. Birdman- Roof mounted, chafeguard, Red LED, foam filled - Norfolk
26. Bluesnailman (roof mounted, powder, chafeguard, red led switch, York)
27. Jinkjude - Roof mounted, with chafeguard and Red dash LED. Foam filled. Sheffield.
28. ALGNI+1 (Flanders) - Horizontal roof mounted, Foam, no extras @33% (Bognor/Portsmouth/Southampton)
29. Ermintrude: Roof mounted (<need to check with paul at bus and beetle to confirm), chafeguard, foam. Nottingham :)
30. Kilmo - Roof mounted, chafeguard, foam. Stevenage Hertfordshire
31. DUBIous-TLB - Roof mounted, foam, chafeguard - Stourbridge West Mids
32. Evenstar3019 - upright mounted, foam, chafeguard - Halesowen, West Midlands

Posted using Tapatalk

Even star and I can share postage I reckon, I can collect from Halesowen np if that's ok

Posted using Tapatalk

1, dazza1975 roof mounted with chafguard and led. in hertsordshire @33% discount
5, 68_early_bay-- horizontal roof mounted with chafguard and green led. In Nottingham 33%
6. Lordain Volley
7. Pottinger
8. Rockandrollcamper - roof mounted with chafguard and led. in Durham @33% discount
9. who? AFFF foam, Engine compartment ceiling mounted with Stainless Chafegard spiral.
11. mattd - Roof mounted with Foam, ChafeGuard and Red LED. Berkshire/Surrey/Hampshire.
18. Olive Bay
19. ALGNI - Horizontal roof mounted, Foam, no extras @33% (Bognor/Portsmouth/Southampton)
20. ALGNI+1 (Farrantini) - Horizontal roof mounted, Foam, no extras @33% (Bognor/Portsmouth/Southampton)
21. ALGNI+1 (Rimbo) - Horizontal roof mounted, Foam, no extras @33% (Bognor/Portsmouth/Southampton)
22. Marriedblonde - Roof mounted with chafeguard foam filled - southampton (or newbury) I am happy to take delivery for anyone in either of these area's and arrange delivery/collection to cut down on cost
23. kevinhall
24. Calker71 - Roof mount, chafeguard, dash LED, Nottingham so happy to share delivery
27. Jinkjude - Roof mounted, with chafeguard and Red dash LED. Foam filled. Sheffield.
28. ALGNI+1 (Flanders) - Horizontal roof mounted, Foam, no extras @33% (Bognor/Portsmouth/Southampton)
29. Ermintrude: Roof mounted (<need to check with paul at bus and beetle to confirm), chafeguard, foam. Nottingham :)
33. Bertie78 - Roof mounted, foam, chafeguard - Torfaen, South Wales.

Hi all,
just added my name to the list but can someone just confirm what happens next, regards payment , delivery address etc.
cheers
Lee

bertie78 said:
6. Lordain Volley
7. Pottinger
18. Olive Bay
23. kevinhall
34.trailertrash-roof mounted,foam,chafegaurd,dash led-St Austell, Cornwall

6. Lordain Volley
7. Pottinger
9. who? AFFF foam, Engine compartment ceiling mounted with Stainless Chafegard spiral.Taunton, Somerset.
18. Olive Bay
23. kevinhall
33. Bertie78 - Roof mounted, foam, chafeguard - Torfaen, South Wales.[/quote]
34.trailertrash-roof mounted,foam,chafegaurd,dash led-St Austell, Cornwall[/quote]

6. Lordain Volley
7. Pottinger
8. Rockandrollcamper - roof mounted with chafguard. in Durham @33% discount
9. who? AFFF foam, Engine compartment ceiling mounted with Stainless Chafegard spiral.Taunton, Somerset.
18. Olive Bay
23. kevinhall

rockandrollcamper said:
6. Lordain Volley
7. Pottinger
18. Olive Bay
23. kevinhall
35. Humphrey- Roof mounted, foam, chafeguard, Red LED - London. (if I'm not too late!)

If anyone is still sitting on the fence about getting one of these... you might find this interesting (pasted from one of the other vw places):

"I have had 2 fires now in my split and I take the greatest care with the plumbing of my oil and fuel system (All goodridge stainless braided hoses) Both fires were caused by a backfire in a Carb which caused a petrol fire in one of my air filters. 1st time with no firetec I used a handheld fire extinguisher which put the fire out very quickly (once I knew I had a fire) however time between it catching fire and being extinguished was enough to burn through my Ignition wiring, blister quite a lot of paintwork in the engine bay and melt the internals of my fuel lines.
Second fire was with the firetec system and by the time I realised I had a problem the Firetec had already put the fire out meaning no damage to my wiring or fuel lines and only minimal blistering to the paintwork. In fact it was quite hard to tell I had actually had a fire other than a slightly melted air filter. Make of this what you will but I certainly wont be running my van without this system installed. And no I don't work for Firetec. If you want to see a video of the first fire (who wouldn't?)
then take a look at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HfdATdAFqU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anyway cant be much more evidence on how effective firetecs are than that really.
In the process of having special air filters made by ITG which have flame traps in them ("As used by Race cars" which also means bloomin expensive) to stop the filters catching fire, as my van spontaneously combusting is becoming a little annoying.
Ewan"

rockandrollcamper said:
6. Lordain Volley
7. Pottinger
15. Envyjay Roof mounted with Stainless chafeguard AFFF foam filled, dash LED red in Bedfordshire @33% discount
18. Olive Bay
23. kevinhall
35. Humphrey- Roof mounted, foam, chafeguard, Red LED - London. (if I'm not too late!)

bertie78 said:
just wondering what happens next?

Give me a chance!! :)

Once I get it all on a spread sheet, i can send over to firetech to which i will then post the reference number and phone no on here so we can all pay!

If anyones sharing postage then please let me know so i can inform him.

Bear with me as work got really busy!!!

dazza1975 said:
bertie78 said:

Once I get it all on a spread sheet, i can send over to firetech to which i will then post the reference number and phone no on here so we can all pay!

Cheers :) happy days

dazza1975 said:
bertie78 said:

C'mon...chop chop !!!!

Only joking boss!

Sounds good to me, no one near me in zummerset so I will have to stump up the delivery, I have a business address that will accept it for me.

Many thanks

Matt

Thanks Dazza,
thats great, just hadn't heard from anyone and was worried i had missed something important, many thanks once again for your time and effort........and glad to here that work is busy for you....it's scary times at the mo.
Cheers Lee

Latest posts