Firetec system....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myvanway

Reaction score
Hi, I was wandering if there is likely to be a firetec extinguisher system group buy any time in the near future.
As I am interested in getting one ready for the festival season!! :)

Thanks. :)

latebay where doing another group buy,not sure if it is still on,got mine from them last autumn. :mrgreen:

The Latebay have just finished a group buy on this, I'm currently awaiting delivery of mine
We had a 40% discount with 20 people involved.
Jen_W is the person to contact, she organised it, for the 2nd time now, and she's organising a 3rd in the Autumn, so she said.
Judging by the chaos and confusion involved in the last 2 group buys, i'd recommend you leave it to her to deal with....she knows the score, and the people to contact etc.

We've successfully run group buys of Firetec systems on earlybay before and I've run 2 lots in the last 3 years, it is time consuming but not difficult so you don't have to rely on TLB to get your Firetec system.

There is no need for it to chaotic or confusing you just have to be firm and make sure everyone knows what they want and where its to be delivered and get them to pay Firetec direct, then its easy.

I can point you in the right direction but you ideally need 15-20 orders before the 40% discount kicks in.

Graham L said:
We've successfully run group buys of Firetec systems on earlybay before and I've run 2 lots in the last 3 years, it is time consuming but not difficult so you don't have to rely on TLB to get your Firetec system.

There is no need for it to chaotic or confusing you just have to be firm and make sure everyone knows what they want and where its to be delivered and get them to pay Firetec direct, then its easy.

It gets chaotic and confusing when the prices quoted haven't had VAT added onto them, or the discount removed, so your not sure of the correct price you need to pay,
Then there is the different add ons that you can get with it..... switches, LED lights etc. Extinguisher sizes, chemical types, mounting types....
Delivery confusion because its classed as a chemical so it can't just be sent to a residential address...has to be a business address......times this by about 20-30 people, and believe me it gets chaotic!!
But we got there in the end.....the cheque has only just been cashed, and i put my name down for this way before Christmas!!
Hopefully receive it by next week at the latest....

Think im gunner wait till a group buy is organized by someone else as I have limited time on my hands....... Work....3year old tearing about ,dog to walk....
Yarp!!!! :lol:

Foz said:
Graham L said:

It gets chaotic and confusing when the prices quoted haven't had VAT added onto them, or the discount removed, so your not sure of the correct price you need to pay,
Then there is the different add ons that you can get with it..... switches, LED lights etc. Extinguisher sizes, chemical types, mounting types....
Delivery confusion because its classed as a chemical so it can't just be sent to a residential address...has to be a business address......times this by about 20-30 people, and believe me it gets chaotic!!
But we got there in the end.....the cheque has only just been cashed, and i put my name down for this way before Christmas!!
Hopefully receive it by next week at the latest....

Sorry but thats badly organised by whoever was running the group buy, Firetec give open and honest pricing and all it needs is a spreadsheet listing the available options with prices including vat and delivery listed alongside, not difficult and thats how we've always run it in the past.
It doesn't need to be chaotic as all, can be a personal address as long as someone is available to sign for it, sounds like someone is making it harder than it needs to be and neither Aaron or Myself who have organised them previously have had any serious grief.

Just don't have a time at the moment as I'm running one business and working for another!!

i ordered mine thru TLB and must say no probs Jen gave all the info i needed to order worked out my price paid for it job done just waitin for it to arrive , maybe the only snag was chasin up the people who wanted one then changed minds without informin anyone ... :D

Hi guys, just wondering if there has been a decision on if/when there is going to be a group buy??? And if there is a 40% ish discount how much is one of these systems?? Not seen anyone mention costs

Cheers :D :D :D

With 20+ in the group buy you get a 40% discount. I've not long received mine, paid around £150 with the extra 2 way warning switch fitted, inc. delivery. Not cheap, but worth every penny if you value your bus.

Someone who really wants one needs to step up to the plate guys. Noone who already has a Firetec is likely to take this on for the love of it and theres been a few buy schemes run to date, so it will need someone new to take on the task. :)

Latest posts