Fitting a new 1/4 lite rubber

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballbag

Reaction score
I want to fit a new 1/4 lite rubber in one of my side windows.

Do I need to remove the whole side window 1st?

Never done it on a bus before :lol:

No. The vertical part of the frame is secured by a screw at the top underneath some of the felt trim. By undoing this I think you can widen the frame just enough to squeeze the quarterlight in - tis a long time since I had to do it following a break in.

Cheers

James

james_stan said:
No. The vertical part of the frame is secured by a screw at the top underneath some of the felt trim. By undoing this I think you can widen the frame just enough to squeeze the quarterlight in - tis a long time since I had to do it following a break in.

Cheers

James

There is no felt trim dude.

I mean the side windows, not the door windows.

wot side you doing mate :?: i think the lot got to come out.
you need the room to tilt it out,two tabs hold it on the left side,think there is ascrew on the door side.

if its one of the opening windows in the rear of the van its a bastard of a job with a new rubber, i was a windscreen fitter for 10 years and have never had such a tough time with anything, i fitted three in Lisa's bus, by fingers were bleeding when i had finished, if you can get away with refitting a good secondhand rubber then do that, i had mine in in 10 mins

Latest posts