Fitting a table

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_sheff

Reaction score
The time to fit a table is approaching and I was wondering what's the best. Way to do it? Hinge and leg wise? I want it to fold up and have the leg included and no mounts on floor. Do you put a wooden lat behind the metal panel to fix to ? Anywhere to get nice binge and leg?

Any pics would be good!

Andy

Pop in to wicks and have a look in the section with all the garage shelf brackets, bike hangers etc. You should find a heavy duty, three position foulding shelf bracket rated at about 20kg each. Use two and you wont need a leg at all.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-3-Position-Heavy-Duty-Bracket-400x270mm/p/165031" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you mean like a westy one?

If so then mine had a wooden lat screwed over the side panel then a kinda piano hinge attached. The Westy has fixings behind the panel for the table.

I will try an find a picture.

Yeah like a westy! Them hinges look good in theory but what are they gonna attatch to? Would need some strength!

This is definitely not what you're after but the leg on mine is my grandmother's old extendable walking stick, with the handle cut off (using it on my handbrake hopefully) and a simple hinge fitted instead. The stick has a crease in it from taking her weight... She was a bit pudgy :)

Latest posts