fitting a window to a panelvan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morten

Reaction score
Hi there. I have 68 panel that i'm working to get better. It is an old panel where they back i the 70ties fitted a sliding door with a window and one side window. I would like to fit the to back windows. I have bought to windows and seals but would like to see how you guys have made the holes for the window - the correct measurements etc. Hope you have a picture:) Thanks.. Morten
IMG_0832.jpg

Westy interior with the wardrobe you'd loose the rear left window any way.....

plus as you have the glass you are best placed to make the decision on the cut.... personally I'd keep the two rear panels in place for privacy but that depends on wether you will have passengers in the back on a regular basis.....

Yeah I know. But I Think it looks stupid with only 2 windows :shock:
I also have to originale side frames to make it look stock. But that is a Big job compare to fit the aftermacket windows :roll:

Hey Morten, I am pretty sure that you won`t be satisfied with the converted panel van look for very long, either go back to panel all over or get real windows and frames for the stock look. Once you compare the two, the difference is streets away :mrgreen: I`m in the middle of converting from a windowed panel to a stock windowed bus, have one side done, and about to launch into the other side this week, I try to keep the bus on the road mostly, but not too worried about January so it`s a good month to do biggish jobbies :lol: I actually meant working on the bus,, not testing the drains as part of the Chrimbo force feeding ritual that I`ve always excelled at :mrgreen: . But at the end of the day ,, Your Bus,, Your Call,, and so long as you likes it, then that`s great :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Just my opinion, and seasons greetings :mrgreen:

Araon said:
personally I'd keep the two rear panels in place for privacy but that depends on wether you will have passengers in the back on a regular basis.....

Dito

If you've got a proper window apnel cut as I see there on the floor? Then maybe it'll be worth the time and effort if it's done well.

Personally, I wouldnt bother and would stick with just a window in the slider.

:? :? :?

Jim

Hey Morten,, my very best suggestion is to go to a few shows this year (not long now :mrgreen: ) and have a good look at all the variations before you make a decision, always best to make a decision when you know personally what you like and dislike ;) Don`t make a hasty or possibly rash decision when with just a little patience,, you may be able to make a more informed decision that you can then live with :mrgreen: It can be a real bummer if you make a decision then want to change your mind after doing lots of work.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Wait for a show or two, also,,,, good excuse to go to shows :mrgreen:

Latest posts