Fitting an Inverter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickJ

Reaction score
Hi, I've just got a bargain 800watt inverter from the Argos sale (£20 if still in stock :D ) does anyone have any tips on fitting it permanently as the enclosed instructions recomend disconnecting it when not in use but someone must have fitted one of these before on a perm basis.
I'd be very grateful for any advice & especially photos Cheers Nick.

Hi,

I've fitted one to as part of a leisure battery setup - but am using the on/off switch on the inverter and only powering on when I need it - not ideal but as you say, don't really want to leave it on all the time as it will use a trickle of power even without anything plugged in,

Mines under the bench connected to a 12V fusebox:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17139

Relevant images from that thread:

42636b23.jpg

buswiring.jpg

I've since mounted a twin socket in the board under the bed and wired this through to the inverter:
9fdc879b.jpg

f0fbc716.jpg

Hope that helps,

Larry

I have a big 1500watt inverter fitted(for the birds hair straighteners!) they do have a draw on the battery even when not in use and over time will drain the battery. you can put an isolator in line (like the rally car big red key isolator type) or like me get the quick fit battery terminals and just hook it up when you need it. best to run a leisure battery with twin charge relay....

Many thanks for the info fellas, especially the pics & wiring diagram Larry very useful. :D

Hi Larry,
Just read through you fitting thread very interesting and useful 8)
Cheers Nick.

Latest posts