Fitting beam adjusters with dropped spindles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USwesty

Reaction score
I'm fitting a set of transporterhaus dropped spindles and a set of jk adjusters I have heard that the adjusters need to be mounted in a different position? Is this correct? I have also read that you can loosen the lower spring locator by hammering it free so you don't have to cut the steering knuckle off? What size drill bit do I need to use to drill the dimples out with and how deep do I need to go? Any help off the pro's much appreciated!!

Surely someone can help with me out with where to mount them? Has anyone tried the approach of not drilling all the spot welds? Is there anyone I can ring ? can't get hold of transporterhaus?

This is a split beam, but the works the same.

Steering idler pin marked and cut off.
14mm drill bit to remove the "dimples" holding the centre torsion bar collars so that they can rotate using the beam adjusters.

Slot gently cut using a grinder with a 1mm disc, and then cleaned up to remove any burrs. Depends on what adjusters you're fitting as to the size of slot.
Steering idler pin re-welded and adjusters fitted higher than you would normally. I've rotated them so that the normal centre position of the
adjuster is towards the bottom of the slot when used with drop spindles.
I also made sure that the adjusters moved freely after welding the adjusters on, just in case of any distortion or weld spatter. Spent probably half an hour with a long bolt screwed in and plenty of lube working them backwards and forwards.

Thank you very much sparkywig! Still not a 100% on high or low to mount them may just mount them 14 mm down from there normal position. I still like to be a bit more certain of the positioning of the adjusters as heard that they can foul the gear linkage.

Maybe this will help:

http://www.creative-engineering.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=147&Itemid=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When fitting dropped spindles and adjusters do I cut the bumpstops off? Thanks Alex

Latest posts