Fitting porsche 944 calipers - flexi hose advice needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68 obe

Reaction score
I've fitted some porsche 944 front brake calipers and have noticed that the flexible brake hose is very close to the trailing arm and may even touch it when turning or going over bumps.
The set up I have is:
3" narrow beam (make unknown, 2nd hand.... homemade?)
French slammer porsche 944 disc dropped spindles.
175/ 55 15 front tyres.

I think the beam adjusters have been welded in the wrong place making my bus sit too low, I've had to fit gaz shocks to raise the bus up because the tyres were touching the arch.

I've put some pictures up showing the flexible hose. Has anybody else had this problem?
How did you get around it, or any ideas what I can do?

Thanks

I've just had this issue on a CSP disc kit I fitted to a lowered split bus. The hose exits the caliper horizontallystraight onto the tie rod ball joints.

I've just been to a local motorsport place who have made me up some custom flexis, I had a banjo fitting on the caliper end meaning I can direct away from trouble in the direction I want. Looks like you could use similar - longer hoses with a directional end that can be routed safely.

Thank you both for the help and advice.
I'll measure up and order some custom made flexi hoses at the weekend, I'll get them made with a banjo fitting.
I'm guessing the size banjo is 10mm?
And the banjo bolt 10mm x 1.0?

68 obe said:
Thank you both for the help and advice.
I'll measure up and order some custom made flexi hoses at the weekend, I'll get them made with a banjo fitting.
I'm guessing the size banjo is 10mm?
And the banjo bolt 10mm x 1.0?

Yes.
I fitted mine up last night - does the job perfectly.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the hoses and they arrived today. The banjo works really well but I've made a mistake with the fitting on the other end, I ordered it with a female swivel fitting.
It all connects up fine but the female swivel fitting is too small so I can't use the original clip to hold it in place.
I guess I'm going to have to order some more pipes.

So, 10mm banjo on the one end (works well).
What fitting for the other end? What's it called please?

Latest posts