Fixed drop spring plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHewsonFamily

Reaction score
I recently bought a box of bay parts from a well known on-line auction site, which included some spring plates. However, they are not ones that I have seen before and through extensive use of the 'Google' I have discovered that they could be fixed drop spring plates.

However, I am not sure how much they would drop the bus by, how easy they are to fit, whether there are different types for early/late bays (I have a 1970 dormobile) and whether they still require the bump stops to be removed. I assume that fitting these instead of turning the standard spring plates on the spline means that I retain full suspension travel? Can I use the standard shocks or would it require replacing the shocks with shorter ones?

Sorry for all the questions.

I just need to find out whether they fit the early or late bay now. The drop would be perfect for what I am looking for with a slight turn on the splines as well to get down by about 2.5-3.0"

Latest posts