• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: 1971 Early Bay- SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gussybus1971

Reaction score
Hi All,

It is with sadness that I am parting company with Gus, a superb example of a RHD Early Bay, finished in baby blue and white with Paris Beetle sunroof.

I have owned him for Eight years, but now I am pursuing other interests and he is no longer getting the use that he requires, and being garaged up is not doing either of us any favours.

When I bought Gus the bodywork and mechanics were excellent, stock height with steelies and a very tired interior.

After running like this for a couple of months, I decided a makeover was required and everything was ripped out and I started from scratch.

Following an internal respray, I continued with headliner, door cards, units, upholstery, new R & R bed, cab mats, flooring and seat covers.
Everything has been finished as a "beach hut" interior with deck chair stripes upholstery, so he has a real summer feel about him.
Then to set things off he was lowered a subtle three and a half inches with new Fuch copies added.

What then followed was many happy years with several trips to France and Cornwall and non-stop summers doing the show scene.
Many friends were made and happy memories of our time in Gus will last with us for ever.
I have used this bus for several weddings, including our own!

Selling Gus will be like losing a friend, but he now needs a new owner that will cherish and care for him, and to carry on making the happy times that I know he will provide to the right owner.

I have set a price of £16,500 which will include awning and sun canopy, with many other accessories and spares if the price is met.

I am located in the Mansfield area.

At present I am having trouble uploading any photos, due to it saying the file is too large, but I am working on it!
In the meantime I can email photos if you message me or ring me on this number: 07970 136533

Thanks, Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts