• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale and taking offers early bay dash clock

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket

Reaction score
Right, let me say right from the start, NO Pics, we all know what they look like so I am not wasting my time taking pics for people just not to hear from them again, sorry ;)
So, its the grey faced dash clock fitted as an option till 73 I believe, I have had a few of these in the past so anyone who has had one knows they are good.
They seem to be very hard to come by now because everyone has one sat in there dash.
This came to me via a guy who because of medical reasons has had to sell his bay and bought a T4 with power steering so I am trying to get as much for it for him as I can, he needs the money!
He said it works, I havent tried it but they are not hard to get sorted even if they are not working, its in good condition, no cracks in the glass, dial is very nice, circa I think 70-72, cant see the date.
He was going to put this on flea bay but I think its right to offer it to someone who needs it.
OK, offer away..................................

Ron
VW Endangerd Species

Ron, you know your stuff. It really will take you only 5mins to test it and if you leave it running for some time it will then take a few mins (after a period of time has elased) to see if it is running to time -so it may take 15mins of your time spread over a day

If it works it is worth big £X, if not then little £x

If the chap needs the cash then it is in everyones interest to see it working, if he needs the cash and it doesn't work then selling it un-tested works for him (assuming it is buggered) and the buyer takes a gamble on 'it worked last time I had it in the van' Ebay crap

As Earlybay is a nice forum and not Ebay so may I suggest you establish whether the clock works???

Also, I'd add that everything I've bought off you is top notch so please test it ;)

Hi Ron, as per above post bought from you before and well pleased with my purchases

is it proper grey centre with the two screw looking things, as i am one of those that got stung with a genuine one of ebay that turned out to be the domed one from a type 3 (only cost me 25 so not to bad, and it works)

cheers

there are three for sale on ebay at the moment plus this one they dont seem to be a rare item just very desirable! to get max price for your mate i would auction it. seen a couple of late ones go for over £200 while hunting for mine. its great that you are offering it here first but if times are hard for your mate it may be his best bet for max return.

Latest posts