FREDDYFILES march 11th 2012

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marcher said:
There has been talk about peeps staying over on Sunday night somewhere. Is anyone up for aonther night to save the dash back for the train???

Happy to do a bit of "leg work" if theres enough interest :? ;)

Matt...... me grazy and stu, maybe matt n lisa too are probably going from friday and staying somewhere on sunday.....no ideas as to where yet, i`m a lazy sod so am just gonna do what others want to do because i really don`t mind where i sleep :lol:

ego mentioned " Gent " somewhere......

marcher said:
Hi Pete,the only way i managed it was to book a "5 day booking" cost £13 more. They seem to only have a said number of places for the day trippers on the train.:? :? :?

Glad you go the crossing that suits (you sir!). Have to say it really, and I mean really f***s me off that they use such a ludicrous system for space allocation and pricing. I fail to see how it is possible to justify a price difference based on whether there is a 1,2,3,4,5 or however many days gap between outward/return crossings. And how is it possible to suddenly have more spaces available on any given crossing (ie the 07.20) just because the traveller is not coming back for 5 days???? I can understand to a degree how booking in advance can be of benefit to the operator, they then know how many carrages to run etc, but other than that it appears to be charging more and making it more complicated just for the sake of it. Winkers. Or something similar.

Anyhow, I have my crossings arranged. Bang goes the smug feeling for having booked so soon, would have been up for staying over an extra night.... Bugger. :|

Pete B said:
marcher said:
Hi Pete,the only way i managed it was to book a "5 day booking" cost £13 more. They seem to only have a said number of places for the day trippers on the train.:? :? :?

Glad you go the crossing that suits (you sir!). Have to say it really, and I mean really f***s me off that they use such a ludicrous system for space allocation and pricing. I fail to see how it is possible to justify a price difference based on whether there is a 1,2,3,4,5 or however many days gap between outward/return crossings. And how is it possible to suddenly have more spaces available on any given crossing (ie the 07.20) just because the traveller is not coming back for 5 days???? I can understand to a degree how booking in advance can be of benefit to the operator, they then know how many carrages to run etc, but other than that it appears to be charging more and making it more complicated just for the sake of it. Winkers. Or something similar.

Anyhow, I have my crossings arranged. Bang goes the smug feeling for having booked so soon, would have been up for staying over an extra night.... Bugger. :|

I know what your saying Pete, It's really not cricket!!!!!

Could you not change your booking and add a day???? sure it will only be a some admin charge :roll: :roll: :roll:

hi guys really want to go to this show but i'm new to all this. when you say you've booked is it just the train you've booked.
what about show tickets and camping how do you get them. i've read the t2d site and its a bit vague on this. any help please so i can get it booked. cheers phil

montypsx said:
hi guys really want to go to this show but i'm new to all this. when you say you've booked is it just the train you've booked.
what about show tickets and camping how do you get them. i've read the t2d site and its a bit vague on this. any help please so i can get it booked. cheers phil

hello there, as you said, you need to book the train, when you're coming over from the UK ... you pay the show entry fee at the entrance of the gate ... no official camping in Ninove, but there are two campings in the neighbourhood ... i know that some guys are having a non official camp out in the streets/parkings nearby ... (what is not really allowed, but i understood they did not have any problems with it ???)

two links on the http://freddyfiles2012.skynetblogs.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; page to the campings in the neighboorhood in the LEFT column if you would need it ... otherwise keep around the EARLYBAY guys they'l help you around !

montypsx said:

i'll try and help phil,

We have just booked the Eurotunnel tickets.
There is no entry fee to the show (if your one of the first 100(i hope thats right) through the door) if your after, it's about 10euro if i remember which you just pay on the gate.

Last year we all parked our vans in the carpark next door to the entrance of the show and once all the locals had gone home moved them altogether.As freddy already said not really ment to camp, but no one said a thing to us.

have a look at last years thread. (page 9)
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25794&hilit=ninove&start=160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does get messy, wicked memories :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Mr Archer i`ll correct you if i may.......there is an entry fee for everyone its just that the 1st 100 get stickers t shirts etc and the rest get bugger all.......free camping over the road in a freezing car park is a bonus though :lol:

Thanks guys much clearer I'll look into know and see if we can get some tickets cheers

ooro said:
Mr Archer i`ll correct you if i may.......there is an entry fee for everyone its just that the 1st 100 get stickers t shirts etc and the rest get bugger all.......free camping over the road in a freezing car park is a bonus though :lol:

knew i got something wrong. always to hungover to give a sh*t if i paid or not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

marcher said:
ooro said:

knew i got something wrong. always to hungover to give a sh*t if i paid or not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaha

marcher said:
Does get messy, wicked memories :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

To be fair, I cant remember much at all about last year ... :?

Just approaching two months away now ... how are the projects everyone? :mrgreen:

We've decided to take Wallys 62 crew cab, currently has no rear running gear whatsoever and has been garage bound for three years. I'll keep you posted on progress ;)

Crossings around 0800 on Sat returning around 1800 on Sunday are currently around £60 return.
Weve also booked rooms at the Ashford North Premier Inn on Friday night for around £43 per room.

Hi Clem

Project progressing but still touch and go for me I think, tunnel and Ashford Norh already booked though 8)

Sounds like you have a bit more to do (or wally has anyway) than I have though,

Clem said:
Just approaching two months away now ... how are the projects everyone? :mrgreen:

We've decided to take Wallys 62 crew cab, currently has no rear running gear whatsoever and has been garage bound for three years. I'll keep you posted on progress ;)

And I thought I'd got a fair bit to do.....

9 weeks today will be heading for Ashford :shock: Need to get my ass into gear. No work next week and the weather forecast looks ok (have to work on the driveway) so fingers crossed.

G, sure hope you are able to make it.

Yeah I need to sort out my crossing.
Tempted to go over on Friday afternoon and come back Monday.

Bus just needs a service, beam needs greasing and a new leisure battery required for the tunes 8)

bus is on the deck (at last) and it has an MOT :D :D :D just need the DVLA to send me my reg doc's and he's full operational :D :D :D :D

It needs a "dam good thrashing" to be honest. It's not driven anywhere further then the end of my drive in 6 month. It was laid up in the US for a good couple years before i bought it :? :? :cry:

still loads to get on with to make it 100%
No sounds
Jail bars to fit
under dash tray
leisure battery
mud flaps
etc etc etc etc

still cant wait :D :D :D

Oh no only 9 weeks,westy roof still to finish a hole in the roof to cut out and fit the westy roof if its not finished it`ll be a bit draughty driving and very cosy at night for three fat lads. :p

My Carl has a 56 oval completely stock besides the judson :msn4: we're going to narrow beam it ,discs ,nose down arse up , Fuchs and buffed in a weekend :shock: at the end of month

I'll keep you posted going to look rude ;)

Chris

Now 8 weeks today (gulp!) and thanks to a little work having cropped up this week, have not touched the bus once.

Ho hum. As Homer says, 'why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?'....

Latest posts