French Slammer dropped spindles and narrowed beam

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gr00veg0d said:
Graham L said:
gr00veg0d said:
Could i get away with just fitting (drum) dropped spindles on a stock beam? (Running standard steel wheels)

Yes, you will get a 2.5" drop so it depends how low you want to go?, but it's a straight bolt on .

So if I fit these dropped spindles with a stock width beam and lower profile tyres I should be able to avoid tyre rub? Sorry to be pedantic but I can't afford spindles and a new beam in one go!

The spindles alone will give you a 2.5" drop so how much clearance have you currently got between your tyre and the arch, we fitted just spindles to buses and sold a few pairs for this purpose and it works quite well

Graham L said:
The spindles alone will give you a 2.5" drop so how much clearance have you currently got between your tyre and the arch, we fitted just spindles to buses and sold a few pairs for this purpose and it works quite well

Thanks dude that sounds just the job - I'll be ordering a pair in due course :D

ballbag said:
My adjustable springplates arrive today Graham, thanks dude :)

They seem like a very nice piece of kit.

No problems Jay, glad they arrived safely :)

Been a bit busy in the workshop over the last few months but just to say that our own bus is now fitted with a French Slammer 11cm Narrowed beam so if you want to test the set up before buying then feel free to get in touch, around most weekends at the unit :)

More photos to follow but here you go:

Great to speak to you today Graham. I will relax the adjusters, pictured in this thread, to see where the bus sits and to whether drop spindles will give me the desired ride.

Take care

J

Managed to get some up to date photos of our bus today so Just thought Id update this thread...

French Slammer UK set up on our own early bay:
Front..
11cm French Slammer Beam
French Slammer Drum Dropped Spindles
KYB Gas Adjust Dampers
165/55-15 XL on Enkei Wide 5 Slot Mags
Rear..
Adjustable Spring Plates
KYB Gas Adjust Dampers
185/65-15 on Enkei Wide 5 Slot Mags

Come and say hello at Volksworld this weekend as we'll be trading out in the Grandstand Area.

Yes I know its a late but thought it was worth posting these to prove you dont have to go mega low but narrowing helps when you are fitting 16" rims, we've working on Robs 78 Westy for a couple of weeks now and here are the results

Front
French Slammer 8cm Narrowed Ball Joint Beam
French Slammer cast late bay dropped Spindles
KYB Gas Adjust Dampers 410-265mm
Caddy 2K Steels (narrowed to 5")running 185/55-16's
Rear
French Slammer Adjustable 72-79 Rear Spring Plates
Stock Dampers
Caddy 2K Steels (6") running205/60 -16's

Rob didnt want to go mega low but wanted a usable family camper and had the vision for the wheel & tyre combo which we think works really well.

Hi, someone have a french slammer beam, complet, for sale? thanks

Can supply a brand new one but I’m not aware of any of my customers removing their beams at the moment.

Latest posts