Fridge installation

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyman

Reaction score
Evening all.
Need some advice on fitting a fridge in my bus('71).I will be using the gas so i know it needs to be vented.Got those and want to start work venting.The bus is empty at the moment and i will be insulating the panels.Read the advice from a camping shop and still non the wiser.Do the vents fit right through the insulation and panel backing into the cupboard where the fridge is located or am I missing something in translation.I know it might seem obvious to some but I ain't one of em.Ta muchly

What i do know is that the flue must exit the van externally, so there must be a gastight pipe from your fridge exiting the exterior of your bus to emit those dodgy fumes ;) . You need a external flue vent pretty much the same as those you see on caravans.

Hope this is of some help,

James

Gonna fit a fridge myself, is there any way of ducting it out without cuttin a hole in the side of your van which I am not gonna do :eek:

You can see my vent in this pic:
DSC01073.jpg

I don't have a fridge so this is all I have. No pic of the outside but its an electrolux fitted vent. Don't know if it would be possible to vent out of the bottom of the van?

Does anybody/company sell a fridge installation kit ?

Are there any diagrams for fitting a three way fridge please. :)

Many thanks

Latest posts