• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Front Arches

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend replacement front arches for my 70' Bay?

I used just an outer skin from A.H Scofield and the metal was thick enough, but on the near side I need a complete inner and outer. All the ones i've seen seem to come from the same source and are not exactly great and would need a lot of work to seal up.

I've been told I should use second hand items, but in my view, as you have no idea what lurks underneath in the box section this is a no go and I don't want to do this repair again for quite some time I wondered if anyone had found a good source.

Annoyingly Schofield do some great arches for splits from the US, but no Early Bays yet. :( Maybe one day.... probably after I get mine back on the road.

Cheers.

I bought some original arches from FBI then i got them chemically dipped to remove any hidden rust, just to be sure i filled them with waxoil when i'd fitted them.

Now there is an option. Ta for that. Would just need to find somewhere to get them dipped.

Was it anywhere down south by any chance?

Jim, its probably of no use as it sounds like you need panels pretty soon, but I have heard that Klassicfab are in the process of making EB front arches and speaking to the guys at Autocraft Engineering at Stanford they are not that far behind Klassicfab. For the Klassicfab ones it may be worth speaking to Chris at Musclebus (http://www.musclebus.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 01258 817126) - he is one of the UK agents (VW Heritage is the other, but they don't seem that interested in putting them on their website).

I've got enough to be getting on with to wait for the right part, so this could work. Got a hole in the roof to weld up for starters! Huge thanks.

I'll give them a call.

Jim - no worries - I found a few pics on thesamba.com:

791023.jpg

791021.jpg

791017.jpg

And as-pressed before trimming:

790435.jpg

790434.jpg

790429.jpg

Won't be all that long now till we will be able to get all sorts or decent repair panels for our EBs like the splitty guys. Hopefully it will put an end to the likes of Klokkerholm and their crappy efforts!! :D

Looks like it's worth the waiting for. That's one hell of a pressing.

please let me know if anyone wants any Klassicfab earlybay front wheel arches as I can include them on my next shipment due to leave for the UK in 2 weeks and expected here in 8 weeks

All the Best.... Chris

musclebus said:
please let me know if anyone wants any Klassicfab earlybay front wheel arches as I can include them on my next shipment due to leave for the UK in 2 weeks and expected here in 8 weeks

All the Best.... Chris

How much are they?

Took delivery of these from Chris some time back. Alas been too busy with work to get on and fit, plus found I need to replace the front chase member first and an A-pillar. But i'm really impressed with these arches. Glad I waited.

Latest posts