Front bench flip seat

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splitstop63

Reaction score
Any one done this??? I’ve got the brackets bought them for my splitty home made out off alloy billet

Would like to do it in my bay but I’m pretty usless next Q how much am I looking for a branch seat please??

It’s a ratty van so ratty seat preferably kind regards and thanks in advance

Not sure if it`s the consensus of opinion but I personally am really not a fan of taking out the support and bracing offered by the bulkheads in a bay. Yes I know some have done it, but it must decrease the strength and rigidity of the shell, no matter how much extra bracing you put in. Maybe in a new ish vehicle but these are fifty years old and must have lost a certain percentage of their total strength already. The other thing to consider for the MOT regs is this would be considered a fair old bit of modification thus voiding MOT excemption. I also think that this will definitely devalue the van because of the above. I toyed with the idea myself eight or ten years ago but after looking at the way these fold up in a crash , I sortof gave up on the idea. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The crumple zone on these is already your kneecaps. :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
The crumple zone on these is already your kneecaps. :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

I used that exact phrase when someone asked me about how safe these things are and they refused to get in it from then on.

Latest posts