front camber out of adjustment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six

Reaction score
Hi all

trying to sort camber out on front wheels. leveled up front end, got out the angle measure and all measurments are done with the van fully loaded. I jack it up make adjustment (to get it in ball park) let the van down and jump on the suspension a bit to settle it. However ran out of adjustment. van is down 3.5 inches on adjusters.

it has about 4 deg of negative camber when the notch on the nut is set dead ahead. which the eccentric nut cannot correct entirely. anyone got any thoughts? if it was lots of postive i would look at the arm not located right but its the other way!

thanks

Hi there, don't panic, just set your camber for the maximum you can get and you'll still be a little shy of the numbers in. The Bentley. I got T Haus spindles on mine and buggered about for an age trying to get to the required numbers. Eventually I went to an all singing all dancing computerised place with a fully set up ramp for all wheel alignment and the chap and me couldn't get any closer with the camber or the tracking. It's a lot easier to follow when you has him up on a ramp. For tracking I used string lines and we still couldn't get any better. Why are you asking ? Are you just setting it up or do you have an issue with your steering?

Ozziedog,,,,,,, and we call this fun.

front tyre is worn badly. you can see it worn at an angle and it was too bold to pass mot. so thought ill set camber then get tracking done. 3.3 mm each side toe in iirc /?

Are both tyres worn ?? Is it just on the inner edge ?? I lost a set of front tyres in about 500miles because of the track rod ends that I didn`t flip at the time I did my spindles with T Haus spindles :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sorry just got back from Cornwall :mrgreen:

yeah both inner edges. camber is sorted now. I took arms off both sides, push the springs back to centre and bolted the adjuster bolt centrally into the locating nipple on the spring. all back together and camber is pretty spot on now.

think tracking is also off now. so will get that sorted and need to find a good price on some more tyres ! getting there.

Have a real good look at your track rod ends,, have you fitted them exactly as they came off ? Compare with a Bentley manual piccy if needs be. If you have then this will be your issue,, you have to flip them. Most peeps will tell you they will only go on one way but they will go both ways. You can do the tracking till you is blue in the face, but if the ends are round the wrong way,, as soon as you pop down the road it`ll be a mile out.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I did it too :mrgreen:

I have a Haynes somewhere to double check I'll take a look at the PIC. Thanks for the tip

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Let me re hash this because I seem to have made a bit of a hash of it :oops: :oops: :oops:
I re read the post and now realise that you are down on adjusters only, not Transporter Haus spindles like me. So scrap what I said about the track rod ends as that was something stoopid that I did on mine and will not apply to you :roll: PHhhheww.
Yes ,, might be an idea to look at your tracking now :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, And the doughnut of the year award,,,,,,,,,, goues to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :oops:

Latest posts