Front End Protection

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive just been talking to good friend on this (he does vehicle wraping)he said it would be an easy job to wrap the lot,so no edges and the entire front panel coverd.obviousley the lights,grille,ect would need to be removed to do a proper job but would leave you with a spot on finish.

strongy said:
ive just been talking to good friend on this (he does vehicle wraping)he said it would be an easy job to wrap the lot,so no edges and the entire front panel coverd.obviousley the lights,grille,ect would need to be removed to do a proper job but would leave you with a spot on finish.

This had crossed my mind earlier today... could be an option worth looking into....

Im interested in the wrapping/covering with plastic film too. - would like to see it done first though. The bus is coming out of resto soon, would be good to get it done from day 1.

Have we found anyone that can actually do it and have an idea of the cost? There must be a number of people on here ready to put their hand in their pocket and we could probably get a decent list of orders together for the willing and able supplier.

Kev

i would say your better of going to your local sign place as im pretty sure someone isent going to want to travel round the country for not much over a hundred quid a pop.

however if theres any one near to lincoln im sure my friend would be happy for some work on the side ;)

hello all.

Thanks Kev to alerting me to this thread.

It was my bus that has the 3M film fitted to the front. Its still on there and 2 years (?) on its not cracked, peeled or discoloured.

I do forget its there to be honest. Just wash and wax the bus as normal.

Reading this there has been suggestions of wrapping the van, I broached the subject of this with several comapanies for the 3M film. They said the paint work had to be A1 condition and if any water got trapped between the film and the paint then this would damage the paint/ cause it to rust.

In fact if anyone has seen the Garmin(?) Sat Nav late bay camper look beyond the vinyl wrap and you will see water between it and the rust!

When I am back at home I will take some pictures of the front of my bus to show the film two years on. To be honest its probably the best paint on the bus! The bus was stored in a damp barn over winter with a JK (meant to be) breathable cover on causing the paint to bubble - micro blistering the paint shop call it - I call it £3000 worth of pain for a respray!

I'm sure that Dave (the chap who fitted the film) could do a deal on the fitting or supply of kits to a group purchase. The kits he can supply comes with everything you need to fit the film. I'm assuming the film comes in a roll with stuff!?

I can in touch with him again and ask.

I will upload the pictures as soon as I can and let you know what he says.

Until then :)

Hello

I have finally managed to take pictures of the front of my bus, two years after the front film has been fitted (its a camera phone so not great detail).

As you can see, the film has not gone yellow, split or cracked etc.

I have got the film on the main & Lower panel.

33274e45517620610.jpg

Picture of the edge by the radius of the panel.

33274e455176b9e80.jpg

Here is a picture outlining where the film is on the front of the bus.

33274a1329aa66524.jpg

Cheers

I'm really not adverse to this TBH... It's just when I got a quote the fella was taking the pi$$ - when I compared it to what was written on here about costs, he was quoting me double!!! jog on sunshine! :roll:

Latest posts