Front Seats - need advise

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintop

Reaction score
I am tall man 6ft 6 and am currently using a pair of Porsche front seats in my van.

The seats are in need of retrimming and i have been quoted between £500 to £600 for the pair, for this money i can buy a replacement secondhand pair in good condition. The Porsche seats are quite hard to find in good condition.

I am thinking black leather or black fabric.

What non-standard seats would you recommend, remembering they need to be low slung to accomodate my height?

Also can i simply buy any low seats and just cut the frames off?

Hey dude!

I did some research on this a while back and sounds like MR2s will be your best bet (bolt in with little to no fettling). Basically you want something from a low slung sports car as the bases aren't as tall/padded/etc.

As for recovering I reckon it would be worth contacting Abbey Upholstery - I haven't used them myself [yet] but these were the ones that I think I mentioned to you before when I was thinking of getting my seats sorted.

Here's one of the bits I bookmarked: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1204&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A good post on seats on page 3, and a picture of what Trikky has got in there is on page 1

HTH

Latest posts