Front seats which to go for?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt48

Reaction score
It might have been asked before!! Went to scrapyard and saw some nice leather seats in a ford focus. I've got recaro something or other at the moment but they are well tatty!

So I need to replace, not interested in originals. Any thoughts?

I've had Saab seats in mine which were comfy but too high in my opinion.
Changed to original seats with double bench seat as my boy wanted to sit upfront with us.
This was a bit cramped and now he's decided he prefers it in the back.
So I've just bought some Porsche seats as I've seen a few fitted on here and they look good.
Hoping to fit them in the next few weeks.

For me it's original all the way, but if you're going to update then generally seats from sportier cars fit better as they tend to be lower. Look at Alfa Romeo, Porsche Boxter (tombstone from an 80's car would be ideal), MGF, etc. Have a measure of the seat-base height of an original bus and look to match it otherwise you'll be rubbing your head on the cab headlining. Don't forget you will have to have the seat runners welded in too.

I ran saab seats in mine but the extra height made driving uncomfortable as my head touched the roof..
Went with MX5 seats in the end which are nearly 3" lower. Speakers in the headrests too if you're that way inclined. :lol:

Only problem is the drivers seat doesn't quite recline enough due to the headrest hitting the westy wardrobe. :(

ive fitted t25 seats in bays loads of times very comfy compared to a mega worn bay seat.drove 3500 miles around europe with these without deep vein thrombosis setting in once.even my misses didnt moan. thats high praise indeed.very easy to fit. roughly the same height as a original bay seat and they can be very cheap. and they look almost the same as originals. and if you do it right you can put originals back in.whats not to like

Latest posts