Front tinware: essential or not?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watty said:
I just replaced my tinware with after market stuff for my 71 moonraker. via custom and commercial. once fitted my mechanic pointed out the two inch gap at the top either side of my gearbox. Stupid, stupid tinware. Be carefully what you order. Not sure what I should do now either? Bother

What you have there is a Beetle one.

Refit the original parts if you can (including thermostat and flaps) - the original tinware is generally better quality.

Alternatively, you could modify your new one with the welded extension piece linked to above - it'll fill that gap :)

Hi
yes as the advice goes its vital, my engine recently went bang and when it was removed we noticed my front tinware was missing well the middle piece was some t**t had cut the middle out?

I tried buying a second hand piece and was quoted £150!!! so my mate adapted a beetle one see the pic

hope this helps

jimbo

jimbo4861 said:
Hi
yes as the advice goes its vital, my engine recently went bang and when it was removed we noticed my front tinware was missing well the middle piece was some t**t had cut the middle out?

I tried buying a second hand piece and was quoted £150!!! so my mate adapted a beetle one see the pic

hope this helps

jimbo

i am confused with the pic above :roll:
what is that tin for??latebay??
i have the piece that goes over thegearbox and when engine is in place it fits nice and snug upto the seals at the top and the side, but my tinware does not have the pieces either side in the photo just the big tin at the back :shock: why is that???

Latest posts