In the doghouse?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admwllms

Reaction score
Okay, was poking around the back of my engine bay and noticed the firm that set up my bus didn't bother securing the front tinware properly or add a seal over the gearbox. There also appears to be a missing piece - the doghouse tinware. Now I could be wrong but as I understand it, though my bus is a 68 the engine is from a 73 and as far as I can tell there's a section in the fan shroud and another rectangular hole in the front tin which should have the dog house section.

As I understand it, I need to buy and fit this:

http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/baywindow_engine--and--exhaust_parts_1600cc/baywindow_engine_tinware_parts/empi_dog_house_tin_set_twin_port_11209/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does that sound right? Perhaps I'm missing something obvious like later engines don't need that section? (it seems like it needs it but I could be wrong!)

Also, can the missing section be fitted with the engine in place? Just trying to get the bus as heat-proof as possible for the summer. Happily it does have the thermostat and flaps in place though.

Cheers!

I would pull the engine for the job and check to make sure that the HOOVER piece is in place.
Battled to find one but did a deal with a mate for one. Try "the gate keeper" on this site for all the parts you need.

This is the hoover piece.

Good luck.

J & P
:D :D :D

Don't know if it's the right name but goes around the bottom edge of the dog house oil cooler.

J & P
:D :D :D

Latest posts