Front Windscreen SEALS.... Who makes the best one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
I got one from JK about 9 years ago and it was awfull. More like plastic rather than rubber. Took a few attempts to get the screen in and there were gaps around the bottom edges so water could get in behind the rubber and sit on the top edge of the front panel. Not sure weather theyre quality has improved or not.

Used a C&C one a couple of years ago and went straight in. This was a deluxe one that takes the plastic trim insert not the ally.

Hope this helps.

Rich

I was looking at seals last week and the consensus on the forum was that the C&C 'German quality' vewib seals were the better window seals. They do a deluxe version too.

trebor said:
What does vewib stand for :?

VEWIB is a brand of Gutsche GmbH VW-Entfallteiledienst.

http://www.vewib.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)

Avoid Vewib front sill as not quite wide enough, VW heritage use to stock genuine (Brazilian) VW seals and they are much wider, fit and seal better than others I've used, I got stocked up as they wasn't going to have them forever, worth a try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vewib seal went in fine, I have one in my '74, but the genuine seal in my '70 is slightly wider and much nicer, doesn't let water sit on the lip like the Viweb seal

Not sure if they did the deluxe trim on later buses ( the genuine VW seal would have been stock from the last VW type 2s produced in brazil,) I've been in contact with a guy today in the trade and all this German quality stuff being advertised is not always made in Germany, just the retailer rating it as 'German quality' :). :)

The only non-deluxe seal on our deluxe is the windscreen one, it went in but the fit was horrible so it came straight back out again. Now have the fatter non-deluxe one instead, no shiney bits but does at least fit.

Shame cos all the other vewib ones are great, good fit and good quality.

Latest posts