• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1969 Transporter non walkthrough

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

Reaction score
1969 Passenger Bus. Has a front solid bench, making it a non walkthrough, something you rarely see. Current owner is the second owner, believed to have under 48,000 miles originally. Motor has less than 2000 miles on it, built and installed by local VW Guru and reknown engine builder Doug @ Qualitat. Bus is mechanically perfect. I would get in it and drive anywhere without hesitation. Runs, drives and stops smoothly and perfectly. Beautiful Beige exterior original paint just needs buffing and cleaning, original brown interior nearly perfect with the exception of the front seats, which are worn but usable. He didn't have a middle seat for it, but will throw in a nearly mint condition 3/4 black middle seat and hardware with the bus. New brake cylinders and pads, new tires, clear texas title. Perfect nose.

You will be hard pressed to find another bay this clean, this unmolested, non walkthrough in this color. Only down side is the slight body damage on the drivers side that was there when he bought it. No rust, no rot, no wrecks.

More pictures available this weekend, but you need to see it in person and drive it. Its that nice. If I had the money, I would buy it and put my suspension under it.

**Will trade for a single or double cab in running condition.**

Contact Mike for faster results: 1-469-834-8748
Located in Grand Prarie, Texas USA

If you want it shipped, you will need to arrange/pay for it.

DSCF0788vi-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/AircoolerKirk/for-sale-1/1969-transporter-no/

$5300 obo

thats a bargain for £3700

this is just outside of Dallas so could be a bit more expensive to get to the port.

im interested but have a few other things in the pot. if its still there in a week and i have no joy elsewhere i definitely give you a call.

Make me an offer, its priced at $5300 obo right now which is a damn good deal. I want to get as close to that as possible. This is a damn nice bay and I just lowered the price. It was $5500 before, then I had the brakes completely redone, from MC to pads and the price went up accordingly. Now I have to sell it, and the price dropped.

Added fourty pics to the original link.

hi
have you still got bus for sale?
please let me know so we can talk over the phone,
many thanks
lorente

I am sooo tempted, What sort of budget should i look at to ship and pay any duties ???

twiggy

Hi twiggy
We looked at this and the quote we got from Kingstown Shipping was $1500 + £50 fees + £365 handling + $300 for Mike to take the van to Houston port + 17.5% on the price of the van... hope that helps.
Cheers
Rach :)

Shipping went up on the 1st April, its now $1595 from Cali, this bus is in Texas and I only paid $1095 from Houston but may have gone up as well, its then £350 UK Handling + £50 duty and then VAT on the cost of the bus and an element of the shipping + as Rach says you need to get it to Houston in the first place.

I would budget on around the £1750 to get it shipped to Houston, across the Atlantic and then fees in the UK, that excludes collecting from the docks (another £200 if you get someone to do it for you)

PM me if you want more help on it, I have a contact in Texas,

Thanks for the replies, and your kind offer of help Graham.
will give this some thought...

Twiggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts