FS Alistair's 1970 Westy SO70 Campmobile - San Lorenzo, Cali

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
r73 said:
aogrady said:
r73 said:
That's a keen price! Good luck with the sale!
Cheers
Rob

Thanks Rob, I may have underestimated it's true worth........ :oops:

I'll post a proper For Sale when it comes back from the MOT, with some nice pictures - and we all love pictures don't we! ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

:msn4: :lol: I sold mine for 13,500 in the end. With the old 1600 fitted and the Berlin interior.
Sold the orig interior for £700, tow bar for £180, awning and sun canopy for £450 so near as damn it £15,000
Glwts :D

Thanks!

My bus is currently over at Restohaus, in Braunton, just down the road from me. My VW man Bob has been fettling the clutch for me, and it's shifting real sweet now. I adjusted the brakes Saturday, ready for the MOT tomorrow.
Bob'll give it a appraisal for me and his opinions on price, as he's a trader and knows the market

I'm actually missing not seeing it parked under the carport though.... I really think it's going to be quite had saying goodbye to this bus... :cry:

#soppygit

Cheers,

Alistair

Hi All!

My bus is now sold to a lovely family from Devon, hopefully they will keep up with pictures with their new bus, and I hope it serves them as well as its done with us for the past 8 years.

Time for us to move on with a new chapter

It was quite a sad day today, we shed a tear, I hope the new T5 is as good as my old bus has been, even with its ups and downs. I'd like to say I don't regret selling it, but missing it already - with it's gormless happy face........and it's little oil drips on the paving..... :(

I'll still be on here looking at all the lovely buses, and working through years of collecting bits and bobs for sale! ;)

Cheers Guys

Alistair

Myvanway said:
Sad, but like you said, one door closes and another one opens!

All the best dude.

Paul. :D 8)

Thanks man!

Just heard from the new owner, he's got back home and he's stoked! Really really pleased for him - a first time bus owner, so he'll probably be a regular on here with questions!

Cheers dude!

Alistair

aogrady said:
Myvanway said:
Sad, but like you said, one door closes and another one opens!

All the best dude.

Paul. :D 8)

Thanks man!

Just heard from the new owner, he's got back home and he's stoked! Really really pleased for him - a first time bus owner, so he'll probably be a regular on here with questions!

Cheers dude!

Alistair
Thanks again Alistair, love the Bus and really appreciate the time going over those questions I had earlier. Exciting times!!!

Thanks again Alistair, love the Bus and really appreciate the time going over those questions I had earlier. Exciting times!!!

Hi Craig,

More than happy to help with any questions, there isn't a spot on that bus I don't know about! I've found a earlybay key ring with spare key for the fuel filler cap, Ive yet to go through the other bits, I'll pm you a list, and I have over 800 pictures to mail you too..... :shock:

Cheers,

Alistair

aogrady said:
The westy coolbox will be removed, and in place a Waeco CR50 fridge unit. This is a 12V compressor fridge, very efficient, with a ice box inside running at -18, and the fridge +5. Should be plenty of room if my sums are correct, and it can be run off solar power (fitted at a later date) If i can modify the new fridges hinges etc, i intend to re use the westy door, so looks stock from the outside. Still not ordered the fridge yet, but hope to do soon.

Alistair

Hi,

I'm planning to update the interior of my own sink unit and was wondering how easy is it to remove the Westy plastic fridge interior from its wooden panels? Is the wood likely to rip?

I read that you were a fridge engineer! Odd question, if I picked up a very cheap Waeco cr50 to slide in there and didn't wire it up. Could it act like a coolbox if I put ice packs into it?

Latest posts