Fuel Leak Woes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh.go.on.then

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new to early bay after getting first early bay a few weeks ago (sold my late bay Viking to go early)

Thought I'd share my trip to Stanford Hall woes.

I packed up the wife and kids for a Saturday night of camping before the show and set off on our way to get petrol before.

I always clench my rear when filling fully up to the top with petrol for the first time.....and I was right to. Petrol started pouring out of the firewall and just kept going. Luckily the heat exchanger wasn't hot enough to ignite the fuel as I hadn't driven far.

That put a stop to the camping anyway.

Engine out, firewall off, tank looks perfect.....until I take it out. The last owner had screwed through the inside of the bus while fitting things and gone straight through the tank half way up, thus 30 litres of fuel down the drain and a near disaster.

All sorted now with a new fuel tank (although fuel sender doesnt work) but I think an automatic extinguisher is on the shopping list too.

Anybody any suggestions which one to go for? Best value?

Cheers all

firetec is what i have and most others, i belive there is/was a group buy on here?

Latest posts