Fuel pump issue - help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpt scarlett

Reaction score
I've just changed my old engine for a new mexican 1600 TP, transferring all the ancillaries and tin ware but for some reason when I turn the engine over no fuel is getting through to the carb. There is fuel in the pipe up to the inlet on the pump but nothing is coming out from there.

Is the pump off the old engine compatible with the new mexican engine or is the push rod the wrong length and do I need to prime the carb and fuel lines with fuel first?

Cheers Simon

should be fine,just check that the pipes are on the correct way (not unknown!!!)

Ginger's VW said:
67panel said:
should be fine,just check that the pipes are on the correct way (not unknown!!!)

Yup try this first - in at the top, out the bottom.
:lol: thirded. I wonder why we all thought of that and remember which way round they go. ;)

Well, got home last night and changed the fuel lines round and guess what, after turning the engine over for 30 seconds it started - feel like a right idiot :oops:

Thanks for all the responses

Cheers Simon

cpt scarlett said:
Well, got home last night and changed the fuel lines round and guess what, after turning the engine over for 30 seconds it started - feel like a right idiot :oops:

Thanks for all the responses

Cheers Simon
Welcome to the idiots club Simon. :D

Latest posts