Fuel pump manual to electric?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratty1959

Reaction score
Hi !

I am running a 2110cc scat 35 cam, cb 044 heads, twin 40 dels etc etc, and want to swap the manual fuel pump for something better!

Can anyone tell me what the are using on their motors? Obviously will need a regulator as well? Or is there a kit to supply the lot? And what are they set up to??

Cheers

Jai

You can get a low pressure pump suitable for Webers/Dells.
I will be fitting one of these to both the bus and squareback next month and removing the stock pumps and Filter Kings.

https://www.advancedautomotives.com/weber-universal-fuel-pump-25-45-psi-webcon-wfp502-with-filter-and-fitting-kit-1209-p.asp

You'll need to fit a relay to work the pump as well.
Wiring diagram from Mr Whippy on vzi.

sparkywig said:
You can get a low pressure pump suitable for Webers/Dells.
I will be fitting one of these to both the bus and squareback next month and removing the stock pumps and Filter Kings.

https://www.advancedautomotives.com/weber-universal-fuel-pump-25-45-psi-webcon-wfp502-with-filter-and-fitting-kit-1209-p.asp

You'll need to fit a relay to work the pump as well.
Wiring diagram from Mr Whippy on vzi.

I thought the filter king was the best? Will look dude cheers!

ratty1959 said:
Bobster said:
I use a cb rotary pump, no need for a regulator with them either.

Cheers mate, where can you buy them from? What cc is your engine?

I’m running one on a 2165cc with twin dell 40’s and another on a 2007cc with 45’s, been spot on. You can get them at the usual suspects....

I personally run Holley vane type pumps with a matching Holley reg, noisy but a proven and well know set up. However for simplistity I’d recommend the CB rotary as mentioned already. Cheaper too

K@rlos said:
I personally run Holley vane type pumps with a matching Holley reg, noisy but a proven and well know set up. However for simplistity I’d recommend the CB rotary as mentioned already. Cheaper too

Any links for this mate? Want to look at every option to be honest!

Bobster said:
ratty1959 said:
Bobster said:
I use a cb rotary pump, no need for a regulator with them either.

Cheers mate, where can you buy them from? What cc is your engine?

I’m running one on a 2165cc with twin dell 40’s and another on a 2007cc with 45’s, been spot on. You can get them at the usual suspects....

Sounds good, will have a look at theses as well! Thanks mam

I've fitted a Huco pump that is matched to the Weber IDF's I'm running, no need for a regulator.
Wired up so that the pump doesn't work if the charge light is on.
I also have a thermal fuse that I haven't yet fitted but may do now I have to drop my engine back out.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holley-12-802-1-110-GPH-Blue-Electric-Fuel-Pump-With-Regulator/381733070078?epid=1228745150&hash=item58e11064fe:g:eek:tUAAOSwFytaJ-0R

I run Weber 48 IDA’s so suits my application but I’d recommended the CB rotary

mr scoops said:
I've fitted a Huco pump that is matched to the Weber IDF's I'm running, no need for a regulator.
Wired up so that the pump doesn't work if the charge light is on.
I also have a thermal fuse that I haven't yet fitted but may do now I have to drop my engine back out.

What’s wrong with it now??

K@rlos said:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holley-12-802-1-110-GPH-Blue-Electric-Fuel-Pump-With-Regulator/381733070078?epid=1228745150&hash=item58e11064fe:g:eek:tUAAOSwFytaJ-0R

I run Weber 48 IDA’s so suits my application but I’d recommended the CB rotary

how come mate? Holley one looks the part doesn't it!

I have a lot more highly strung engine plus Weber 48 IDA’s dwarf Dell’orto’s in size, flow and float chamber capacity so require a bigger pump.

You could run 1 on yours with a regulator but it would be £100 odd more than the CB rotary which is perfect for the application. I’ve fitted them to several performance vw’s I’ve put together for people and they work, I also had 1 when I was only running 40’s & 44’s.

Totally up to you but whatever you choose make sure it doesn’t exceed 3.5 psi

That makes perfect sence to me mate! Thats some monster carbs you have! Will go with the CB one!

Thanks for all the reply’s

ratty1959 said:
That makes perfect sence to me mate! Thats some monster carbs you have! Will go with the CB one!

Thanks for all the reply’s

It’s a fantastic pump and really quite & smooth too. Holleys are great depending on the application but bloody noisy lol

Latest posts