Fuel ?????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowBay69

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
1969 Bay Window
Something I’ve never been able to get my head around - I have a Vega recon 1600 stock simple standard engine.

Can it run on unleaded petrol??
Or will it need an additive ?

I have replaced all the fuel lines to be E10 ready.

I’ve searched various places and never really got to the bottom of this fundamental question.

Hoping you great people can help.

Enjoy your weekend 🌈👍

Just regular unleaded will be fine most of the time as they run this and worse in lots of countries. If youre racing then it might be a bit different and if youre going to have it laid up for the winter maybe an additive or run it right down on fuel and chuck a few gallons of E5 in instead of E10. Sometimes i think I can tell the difference which fuel l ive got in but mostly I think Im kidding myself. If your van dont run so good on E10 then I think you may have other issues or problems that are manifesting themselves. Biggest shock Ive had recently, even though I thought it was running well, when I replaced both my air filters for bigger or more importantly new ones. Really smoothed out my motor.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Rest of the world manages fine, these'll be great

Latest posts