Gadgets NEW Bus I Present................

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget Boy

Reaction score
Gadgets NEW Bus I Present................the Delux Dry Cleaning and Laundry Panel

Ok well this is why you dont get on the Samba.Com when your pissed on a sat nite and have come in from the pub . Quick history the bus is a june 68 double door walk through panel van . Sold new from Central vw dealers in Leesville Louisanna in oct 68 to the Delux Dry Cleaning and laundry Company . The original owner kept the bus untill May last year he had been using it as a wood shed since 1983. The guy that found it had to buy him a new shed . Ive gots lots of before/during/after resto photos and its taken 5 1/2 months under a tarp on my drive .
The sign writing is original and from 1968 the bus has faded Phone no,s on the doors of 233-3344 .The shop is still in the same location and under the same ownership as it was in 1968 and they still use the same phone no too
The bus has its first M.o.t today Thurs @ 8.30 am ready for the Jam on Fri morning .

I must Thank Kempy 4 keeping it to Himself :wink: AGC for the rear splash guards :D AOGrady for the strict no photos rule Thanks mate ,The guy that sent me the rear reflectors 4 Free Ive 4 gotton ur name but i will name u asap .Ego 4 the inspiration on the wheels NEVER again :twisted: Amie Kemp and Paul Aucott 4 all there help and Hannover Heritage for the now infamous 68 Only dash top . also Steve Johnson for the westy interior and Rocket Ron 4 the overiders also Rons wife 4 deciding she didnt like em :D :wink:

Lastly my Debs 4 letting me get on with it Again X

Quick Spec

All done by me 4'' beam slammed 170mm frt 110mm rear Torkers fully polished og paint us spec bumpers and loads of repairs

See u at Bug Jam

Gadget :wink:

DSC00715.jpg

the rear corner was bad

DSC01056.jpg

It took a lot of work to get it back

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

Ive got a westy interior to install Now :wink:

Gadget

Very nice indeed! :mrgreen:

Great van Gadget, (I must admit with all your requests for bits I did wonder what you were building but thought it was rude to ask)

Can't get to chav jam but hope to see it at VW action?

Nice to see it on the road buddy I remeber seeing it on your drive a bit back and thinking he's got his work cut out!

Looks really cool though with nice new wheels

good work

Bah! Photos blocked at work so I cant see it.
Im guessing its pretty swee though ;)

Whats happening to the OG Gadget Bus?

Damn, thats hard as nails, glad that your old wheels reside on my bus - we're not worthy! All hail the new Gadget Bus!! :)

Need some hi res pics, want this as my wallpaper!!

Keep us posted with with the interior shots - and how did the mot go??

Alistair

:shock:
im soooo jealous! what a class bus! 8)

the wheels are wicked! and you did a great job on the subtle repairs! :D

Latest posts