Gear stick or gearbox woes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamiesuz

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westy
Hi I need some advice on my gears. Presently my bus is stuck in reverse. Replaced the gear stick renewed rubbers etc but still stuck in reverse.
Some advice would be greatly appreciated

Jaime

Do you have any clutch? If so i would say get under the van and and start tracing things back to the gear box from the gear stick see if something is amiss. Hard if you have belly pans fitted. Rule out the basics before you start thinking knackered gear box. Not much help but have a scan could be something stupid

Is this with the engine running or not? If not, it could just be the position that everything has come to a stop in that is holding it in gear. If it is, can you start it with the clutch disengaged? If you can, then I’d disconnect the rear coupling and see if I could pull it out of gear by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the clutch is working and agree try everything before gearbox as it was rebuilt in February.
Thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If it is the gearbox then it maybe similar to mine that was stuck in 2nd gear.
The push rods were locking the selector movement in the nosecone

Found out after removing the gear box that I could have freed the selector rods by removing the reserving switch and levering the push rods back in position, with the gearbox in place.
Search for 'stuck in 2nd gear" on TLB. A guy has done a youtube video.

Will try that thanks for letting me know

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Latest posts