Gene Berg Shifters (last call)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Split screen boys doing another batch. Good prices. http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aspro said:
Split screen boys doing another batch. Good prices. http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Aspro

Thanks for the heads up

I have contacted him - to see if he wants to "merge" - if so we may need to move quickly, I guess it's unlikely we'll be offered a better price...

Matt

Hi guys and girls,

It is me doing the run of berg shifters if they have them in stock I will be ordering all this week but only standard ones not Lockers!

Looking at 250£ delivered to your door all taxes and duty paid.

Please add your name below and also what ever shifter u want?

Cheers

Payment once I have all in the uk ready to ship to your door!

carl_hendy827 said:
Hi guys and girls,

It is me doing the run of berg shifters if they have them in stock I will be ordering all this week but only standard ones not Lockers!

Looking at 250£ delivered to your door all taxes and duty paid.

Please add your name below and also what ever shifter u want?

Cheers

Payment once I have all in the uk ready to ship to your door!

will txt you or speak to you at work mate.

Gus.

yes please can you order me one LHD with the handle pictured . They had a few left when I emailed them a few weeks ago

Thanks

2ymhchw.jpg

Stueyd1975 said:
yes please can you order me one LHD with the handle pictured . They had a few left when I emailed them a few weeks ago

Thanks

2ymhchw.jpg

What year is your bus and Lhd or rhd?

OK these are the fully inclusive prices - all taxes, (VAT and import duty) and delivery charges to your door UK (anywhere else possible at cost)

We need 10 buyers to make this thing work

Bug £230
Bug locker £435
Bus £245
Bus locker £465

I have rounded all the sums in my favour - so this is the max you would have to pay. If they actually come out significantly
cheaper I'll re-reimburse the difference - I am not looking to make a profit, but also not looking to be out of pocket.

Who's interested...?

I'd want a deposit of £30 to show commitment - and the rest after I've received the shifters in UK but before sending on. I hope this sounds reasonable.

Any extra bits should be available, for example non default knobs. Please see the GB website and give the part number and add the extra cost. I'll get GB to check and confirm pricing against part numbers and descriptions before any money changes hands.

Lead time about 10 days after placing order

Standard RHD shifters have black handles
Standard LHD shifters have alloy (silver) handles
Either is available however on request - but the RHD alloy ones have certain marks on them due to the history of the cast???

pictures / options listed here RHD black handle very small photo at the end:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=219853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1) Slow-lane-matt RHD locker silver handle GB 6750-LK £465

Matt, what are the VAT/duty costs? I only ask as in the gene berg thread bus locking shifters $565/£336 including shipping to the UK, leaving £130 left for duty and VAT.
Cheers
Paddy

Supertramp said:
Matt, what are the VAT/duty costs? I only ask as in the gene berg thread bus locking shifters $565/£336 including shipping to the UK, leaving £130 left for duty and VAT.
Cheers
Paddy

Hi Paddy

The calculations/assumptions I made are as below. As I said I am not looking to make a
profit, and my motivation is only that I genuinely want one - if there's a cheaper way I'd go for it and buy just one for myself ! For example if you go direct to their website
and say you're from Samba.com you get a 10% discount - but then you are hit with a US$72 carriage charge - (and you pay the 33% tax on this carriage as well as the stick - 10% then 20% is 33% - not 30%.)

so for example starting with your £336
excise duty +10% =£369
VAT +20% =£443

+ cost to ship from my house to yours - I've assumed £20 and rounded - but said if its less I'll reimburse.

(The deal GB made me was specifically to ship them all to the same place)

So their ain't much fat on the price I came up with for a locker of £465

slow-lane-Matt said:
Supertramp said:
Cheers
Paddy

Hi Paddy

The calculations/assumptions I made are as below. As I said I am not looking to make a
profit, and my motivation is only that I genuinely want one - if there's a cheaper way I'd go for it and buy just one for myself ! For example if you go direct to their website
and say you're from Samba.com you get a 10% discount - but then you are hit with a US$72 carriage charge - (and you pay the 33% tax on this carriage as well as the stick - 10% then 20% is 33% - not 30%.)

excise duty +10% =£369
VAT +20% =£443

+ cost to ship from my house to yours - I've assumed £20 and rounded - but said if its less I'll reimburse.

Hi Matt,
Cheers for that, I just couldn't work out the prices on the GeneBerg website as it's a tad confusing.
How long do you think until you'll be ordering these as I'd need to scrape the cash together!

Cheers
Paddy

Supertramp said:
slow-lane-Matt said:
Supertramp said:
Cheers
Paddy

Hi Paddy

excise duty +10% =£369
VAT +20% =£443

Hi Matt,
Cheers for that, I just couldn't work out the prices on the GeneBerg website as it's a tad confusing.
How long do you think until you'll be ordering these as I'd need to scrape the cash together!

Cheers
Paddy

Paddy

I'd like to move ASAP, but not sure if GB will give the discount unless I can get 10 buyers...

Yep Put me down for non locking RHD. Thanks pal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GB shifters are super nice and i keep on hearing all the good things abt these.
But looking at £245 for a non-locking one, I thought I should check with Markus @ Bug Tech/Germany about his prices.

He just quoted me €276+€50 for the standard bus shifter. I get 19% VAT off, because I am located outside of EU hence the VAT doesn't apply and €50 for postage to Pakistan from Germany. So a total of €326 ~ £269 for a Bug tech Shifter!!!
http://www.bug-tech.de/product_info.php?products_id=49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I am going with the Bug Tech one because ordering two (I am getting another for my bug @ €250 ~ £206 ;) ) would have the same postage of €50 too !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts