Given up: Big Logo L345/L249 Commercial Hubcaps

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reezvaan

Reaction score
Some of you might know me from this Big Logo Hubcaps sale thread: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=56610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone asked me (cant remember who) about the L345 Grey Hubcaps availability and at that time I didn't have any but I have been working on the prospect and now it seems one has come to light. However, since the source I was getting the Chromely Big Logo Hubcaps has ran out, so I had to go look for another. And I found one, but it wasn't cheap (quite understandable as now it had to be a special order item).

Was just wondering if Big Logo Hubcaps were to be available in L345 Grey (Commercial) finish, would there be any interest? And if yes, can we get a list of how many would be interested in a set? The more the better because with volumes the price would tend to be more reasonable than the smaller volumes.

I am looking into both, L345 Painted as well as L345 Powder Coated finishes. Let me know what you guys think. cheers

5442048.jpg

PS: above image is borrowed from the Samba to only show the L345 finish. The Big Logo ones would be different than these as these are standard logo ones.

i didn't think you'd ask :D
thought the SSVC guys would take the lead, as it was someone from the SSVC who had asked me about these L345 ones. But here we are :)

01. Pirateringo x4

L249 Dove Grey too was taken on as another possible finish option just now on the SSVC, so if anyone wants to take that route (L249), I can look that into too. cheers

Might be interested depending on price. Will you be supplying them with a white VW logo?

Not at the moment, but I can look into that too Chris. Will let you know.

01. Pirateringo x4 (L345)
02. aspro x4 (L345)

Do be careful VW are prosecuting anyone that reproduces their logo without licence. It is a breach of copyright law to use their logo without there permission.

EDIT* Just seen your post on the SSVC if your selling OG stocks your ok, just illegal to get Repro's made.

I read you the first time mate. No one is "making" repros. I'm finding ppl who have old stock and getting the same finished in commercial option colors.

Thanks for your concern. Cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Ok i have an update on these.

Both L345 / L249 are possible,
Downside; both colors are only possible in paint (powder coated ones are too expensive since the hubcaps are too pricey to start with)

Exact pricing would be available tomorrow on a set of 4 since the source is working on the postage now after having calculated the paint costs. cheers

ok, the price that finally worked out is not that I had initially expected @ £200 for a set of 04 so I am binning the idea. This price is for the painted ones. Also there would be UK postage that would add on top of it. So we are looking at say £210 for a set of 04. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a set myself.

Therefore sorry fellas but its not worth it and have to bin the idea. It would probably be cheaper to buy the standard logo repro ones from the usual suspects and blasting/powder coating them to L345/L249. cheers

A tiny but apparently insignificant update is that a tough negotiation with the source has helped bring down the cost a little. he's willing to do a set of 4 Big Logo Painted Hubcaps (L345 / L249) for £180 and says its the best he could do at the minute. Thought I should update it on here. Cheers

Nige (SSVC) pointed out that I should have considered getting the bare metal ones so that if ppl wanted to paint these themselves they could have a choice. As a matter of fact, the thought did cross my mind but the bare ones weren't cheaper either at £130 + pnp. but if someone wants a set or two in bare, i can bring some in. from experience of chromely LL Hubcaps i know the pnp within UK is £7.50 for a set of four, so we're looking at £137.50 for a set of 04 bare metal hubcaps in Big Logo.

If someone wants a set at that price, let me know we can work something out. cheers

Latest posts