Good summer pub around Fenland area?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
Anyone who knows the area, do you know of a good summer pub to go to - I am not so much thinking of heavy drinking, but more somewhere to sit outside, have a beer and maby a little food? Especially near water :bliss:

Fairly new to the area and it was sunny on Sunday, but I realised that I don't know where all the good pubs are :cry: :|

The Mill in Brampton, Huntingdon is a super pub in the summer with good food and ale.
The Anchor at Sutton Gault is on a river and again the food and ale is superb.
The Falcon at Fotheringhay
Loads in Peterborough that are CAMRA affiliates.
As HF said the Fens is a big ol' area.

The Botolph Arms in Peterborough is cheap and is also the meeting place of AllDubzKlub

hailfrank said:
where abouts are you?

Near Wisbech St. Mary dude.

hailfrank said:
are you joing alldubzklub?

No, but I will now. (ARRR I go on too many forums as it is, now another one :lol: )

hailfrank said:
there are some nice pubs but the fens are a large area :)

Yah? Well it doesn't have to be within a mile of WSM, I don't mind driving for a bit to get to a real nice pub - like I say I'm not going there to get p1ssed, just enjoy the sun / beer / food :party0047: So please share all your hidden locations :party0021:

Marvel said:
The Mill in Brampton, Huntingdon is a super pub in the summer with good food and ale.
The Anchor at Sutton Gault is on a river and again the food and ale is superb.
The Falcon at Fotheringhay
Loads in Peterborough that are CAMRA affiliates.
As HF said the Fens is a big ol' area.

The Botolph Arms in Peterborough is cheap and is also the meeting place of AllDubzKlub

Cheers Marvel, Google mapping them now :mrgreen:

The Ferry Boat Inn in Holywell is lovely, and the Porsche owners club UK have there meets there, always nice to dump the bus in the middle of it :msn4:

shame you missed the food, not been there for a while, used to be banging on a sunday night.

there are some nice pubs round the coast, Thornham, Brancaster way, a bit further for you but great for a day out

jamie trundle at the jenyns.......aaahh the memories of drunken sundays kopping off with beautiful fillys and generally having a marvellous time :mrgreen: We used to enjoy the ship in long sutton but we lived there so we would

We have had a ride out to Five Miles From Anywhere No Hurry Inn at CB7 5ZR on a sunny Sunday, can be a bit difficult to find though.

Or, this has been posted on our local club forum;

The Riverview Hotel/Inn, The Crown
Riverside Public House and Wine Bar’
37 -48 High Street Earith Cambs tel; 01487 841405 email; [email protected]
‘Presents’
‘A Camper Van Weekend’
‘The Last Weekend of Every Month 2010 with Regular Meets Every Friday’
‘So Rap Up Warm’
Come and Join Us For A Weekend ‘Friday Til Sunday’ Meet Your Friends, Colleagues and Mates. ‘Buy and Sell’ Or Just Relax, Fetch Your Own Food or Have Some of Ours, Have a Beer or 2 In Our Old Traditional Riverview Inn offering Quality Real Ales straight from the Barrel on the Bar or Try our New Wine Bar/Pub, Where On Every Saturday we Host
‘A 60s 70s 80s and a blip of 90s Night Not To Be Missed.’
You Can Also Pop Into The Crown Public Bar Where We also offer Sky TV, Pool, Darts, Poker, free Wii, Live music, pub games and a great atmosphere with 2 massive gardens All by the River where…’ you can park up for free’! The Riverview Hotel/Inn and The Crown Riverside Wine bar/Public House can cater for at Least
‘100 Campers ’ great for a weekend away.!
Our arrangements include Riverside setting, ample parking, Toilet facilities, Bar food, Wines from all Over the World, Great Coffee or Try our New Traditional Restaurant Offering Great British Wholesome Traditional Cooked Food. If you don’t fancy staying in your Camper /Bus, we can put you up in our Traditional Riverview Hotel/Inn for a Discounted Rate.
~
Earith is a lovely country Village sited along the great River Ouse on the A1123 just outside St Ives near Huntingdon with Cambridge 10 Miles the other way, While the town of Ely is a 15 minute drive, the area is renowned for fishing, bird watching, boating, or even seal Spotting (‘yes we have seals’!!) And or relaxing in our massive gardens by the River with a BBQ and out door live music (if its warm!)
We have now decided to advertise The Riverview Inn and The Crown public house as a venue not to be missed; the more people come the better, so get packed up get your woollies on and head for Earith, either check us out on our Website http://www.theriverviewinn.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or input Sat Nav PE28 3PP No; 37 or 48 High Street Earith Cambridgeshire.
All we ask is that you let us Know you’re coming so I can tell my wife she has to do an extra shift, ‘cos we’re going to get busy’! She’s gonna hate me for that!
SO, Have a look at our website and see what you think….
PS I’ll show you mine if you show me yours!
‘Battery Charge Hook Up Point Available’
Kind regards
Cliff, Wendy, All the Team at The Riverview Inn and The Crown Riverside Public House Earith, Cambridgeshire. Tel; 01487 841 405
For Directions Visit us on http://www.theriverviewinn.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott wilson said:
jamie trundle at the jenyns.......aaahh the memories of drunken sundays kopping off with beautiful fillys and generally having a marvellous time :mrgreen: We used to enjoy the ship in long sutton but we lived there so we would

jamie trundle, that brings back some memories, all racing back to the kfc in lynn. Had a few good nights in the sutton ship too with jimmy cook and ash garner.

Cheers guys, a few more to have a beer at this weekend :party0047:

ed. said:
scott wilson said:

jamie trundle, that brings back some memories, all racing back to the kfc in lynn. Had a few good nights in the sutton ship too with jimmy cook and ash garner.

I thought the Jenyns would be popular for this reason :lol: ;)

Latest posts