grizzly

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggles

Reaction score
High folks just had to put this up, it's my bay nicknamed "grizzly" i did advertise it but to be honest i'm that pleased with it, i'm going to hang onto it till my splitty is done. I bought it in the states with the front bashed, the guy had run into a 460lb grizzly bear!! (poor yogi) well i just finished pulling the front post and got the new door to fit nice,so now it's just fit the front panel. Not going to paint it all just the front panel and the door and polish the rest. Keep watching folks it won't be long!

cheers biggles 8)
bashedbay-1.jpg

grizzly.jpg

sweet jesus! a grizzly? i remember watching the orientation video in Yosemite of a fully grown male ripping the door off a car like i piece of tissue paper to get at the food inside. I wonder how the bear did after the accident? probably brushed itself down and dandered back into the forrest :lol:

Making some nice changes to the original damage.

WIll keep an eye on this one ;)

Just a quick update on grizzly front panel set up, if the weather is any good tommorrow will cut it and stitch it in, lets hope it stays dry!
grizzly003.jpg

grizzly004.jpg

cheers biggles

nice one,looks better already! get some cavity wax in there while you can buddy. Be interesting see it repaired. well done.

nice graft!

i'm not sure whether that front replacement panel is off my old bus? did you get it from either me on here or loveacamper on VZi? and pick up from south wales?

i think i recognise the savannah beige with the Previous Owners green.

NaFe

Just a quick note this bus is on the for sale board if anyone is interested don't want but skint!

cheers biggles 8)

grizzly003.jpg

I too remember seeing this for sale on the Samba, wouldn't like to have been driving that when the bear stepped out :shock:

Also 2 interesting vehicles lurking either side of the bus :mrgreen:

just another update, got the brakes sorted, still building the engine, box is ready to go except for the nose mounting. Decided to start mopping it just to gee me up a bit and make me feel a bit better! I do like this bus, cheers for the wheels simon what do you think? I can see me keeping this bus it is so good just washed the engine bay with water, i heard a clunk as i hosed it down and blow me!! a magnetic key keeper with a spare set of keys i think someone loved this bus.

cheers biggles

grizzly3007.jpg

grizzly3005.jpg

grizzly3004.jpg

by the way the fiat is my one owner next project and the rust bucket is my 29 model a ford that i have to make a new body for, i'm always busy!!!!

cheers biggles 8)

Just a quickie is the colour of grizzly savanah beige? i can't find the colour code.

cheers biggles 8)

Got a real problem with the colour, i can't find a code on it for some reason have been through the chipsand savannah beige is no where near! Has anybody got any idea's i want to paint it over the holiday if i can.

cheers biggles