Gunson Colourtune ..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilly_70

Reaction score
Anyone tried one of these for setting the mixture on a standard single carb?

Any thoughts on them ?

:)

Hilly

Very difficult to try and fit into spark plug hole (ooer missus!) :eek:

If you could get it fitted would be spot on for setting mixture - used on other cars with good results :D

Yup, deffo a good option, the only problem is taking the bloody thing back out, the copper washer is not captive on the plug, so it comes off and rests over the spark plug hole. :roll: You need to be a contortionist, along with some long nosed pliers and a mirror to get it back out..... ask me how I know..... :lol:

I just looked at a YouTube clip of one being used on an MG, looked like a good bit of kit.

i used one when i had twins and was piece of cake to set the mixture,the one i had had a washer on as normal and it never fell off once.
only problem i found is they go brittle after a while and if you leave in for long the plastic gets quite supple.
my old neighbour loaned me it along with a strobe light and gave me a set of rocker cover gaskets for free,he did his apprenticeship on the T2 but he struggles to get down on the ground now to poke his head in the engine so drives a new T5 instead with a Bilbao conversion :lol: :lol:

regards.

I used one all the time when I had a Mini. Bit more tricky on my twin carb camper but if you are careful it does work well. I did not use the copper washer and it seemed to seal fine. The little mirror was just enough to see the combustion colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased one last week and all being well I will give a go tomorrow

Well ik used the colourtune the other day, it was a bit of a fiddle and i have ti widen the slot in the extender so that attachment for the HT lead could pass through it, however it was great to see what was going on in there and check it through the rev range.

I would recommend it if you fancy one, but interestingly my ear and nose were spot on as no adjustment was required.

Latest posts