Hard to start when warm, pointers ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinketpimp

Reaction score
Good day Gents,
The bus starts as sweet as you like but, is a mare to get going once it has run for a time, bit of a issue as need to put petrol in the blighter to go anywhere and that means stopping whilst warm......

Looking for a few pointers to check out as like to fiddle myself but not the most Knowledgable. Engine is 1641 with twin carbs and J tubes with and electric fuel pump. Starts on the turn of the key first time and runs like a Swiss watch when going.

Any ideas? and many thanks in advance.

fuel evaporation due to it getting hot through the carb seating i'd imagine

The real McCoy !

I just keep turning the key if I am honest :lol: ..... First off it's a turn of the key and a press of the foot and away it goes.

If it be evaperation, is there owt I can do, or do to the set up to get over this ? is it a common problem with the twin carb set-up. I thought that may be the problem but as I said 'love to tinker but limited knowledge'

Many thanks for the feed back fellows, I know it is said often but, there is not a lot of other places in this world where such help is so freely given.

Next time starting hot try turning the key and then gently open the throttle more and more without pumping.

trinketpimp said:
The real McCoy !

I just keep turning the key if I am honest :lol: ..... First off it's a turn of the key and a press of the foot and away it goes.

If it be evaperation, is there owt I can do, or do to the set up to get over this ? is it a common problem with the twin carb set-up. I thought that may be the problem but as I said 'love to tinker but limited knowledge'

Many thanks for the feed back fellows, I know it is said often but, there is not a lot of other places in this world where such help is so freely given.
Im not sure what you mean there, if they are 34 ict's or copies of I have the below on mine. They are an easy fit and do help, you must keep an eye on the nuts as they tend to work loose then need to be retightened after a bit of use.

http://www.fastroadcars.co.uk/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trikky2 said:
Next time starting hot try turning the key and then gently open the throttle more and more without pumping.
This is what I do with mine to stop it dumping more fuel in when its already flooded.

Latest posts