HAVE YOU FITTED DELUXE WINDOW SEALS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitley bay

Reaction score
When I bought my deluxe bus, I was handed the metal deluxe window trims in a carrier bag! :lol:
My window seals need replacing and obviously I want to replace them with deluxe seals and trim, which I thought would be straight forward, but its not!
The only company that seem to supply metal trim and seals for them, are custom and commercial. Everyone else, inlcuding status vw and heritage only supply plastic trim and seals for them.
I know that both are hard to fit and the metal kinks and the plastic cracks, but its a deluxe bus and I want it to look like one!
Anyone got any advice on which I should buy please, who's fitted what and from where?

Hi Whitley

I got my seals from C&C and I used the old metal trim from all the windows apart from the screen which was too badly damaged to use.
I got the replacement metal trim from C&C too and yes, it's a bit fiddly and not the kind of job you want to do if your patience levels are low :lol: but I managed to do it and I'm a girl :shock: :lol:
Seriously, there's a bit of a nack to it but it gets easier the more windows you do. I used a bit of lube ( :lol: never fails to make me snigger) and with the rubber seal on the glass, lined the metal trim up with the seal and used my thumb to push the trim in and under the rubber. You do have to watch it like a hawk when you put the window back in because I found the trim just wanted to 'squeeze' back out of the rubber as the window went in, maybe because it wasn't quite as straight as it could've been!
It's probably easier with new trim as I hadn't really taken much care when I removed the old trim for the paint job :roll: I know the windscreen was one of the easiest (it was also the last so I was nearly pro by then!)
I looked at the plastic trim, to replace my damaged windscreen one, but I didn't like the look of it next to the original metal, just my opinion tho.
HTH :)

Hi Wendy
On a day when nothing seems to be going right, that made me laugh :lol: :lol:
Thanks very much for replying and for your opinion and advice

BTW thought I had the only sunroof deluxe in the north east :D

My pal Stevie Screens is goin to giz a hand to put mine in like!!
He doesn't know it yet like :lol:

Hi there Whitley,

I've just bought the chrome metal inserts + seals from C&C aswell, but yet to fit them (Currently go the plastic ones in).

When you planning on fitting yours? I'm about 30mins down the road from you.

Hi Walt
I'll be sorting mine over the winter, when I've had my headlining done.
Interested to know why you are changing from plastic back to metal.
Cheers

Well, at somepoint my bus has had a couple of the rubber window seals replaced with the plastic trim. It's not bad stuff, just the other seals now need sorting - I've could have gone all plastic, but in the end I just thought I'd buy the chrome kit from C&C and redo the lot(!)

Also, all the videos online seem to show fitting of the chrome inserts - didn't find any showing the plastic.

However...(!) After reading your post you've now got me thinking about my headlining, and if I should sort that before fitting the new window seals. Mines got a couple of small tears, etc.

How much does that cost to buy/fit/replace?

Any recommendations? You can drop me a PM if easier.

I've got the plastic trims for mine, I'll be getting Stevie Screens out in the next few weeks hopefully.
Also got Sean Baz's bus to do over the next few weeks too, that will need the deluxe trims sorting too, we could have a big EB day of it!!!!! :D

Latest posts