Head jobs- Gauging interest....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anybody wants this service for their heads please PM me. I will replace the guides on old heads and team them prior to doing the valve job. If you have any special requirements Thea can be discussed. I am also able to cater for larger valve combinations.

Also considering doing new heads to buy outright, just pricing up the parts.
These will be fully flowed for 1600 and could also do larger bore/valve combos for bigger engines depending upon interest.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

MOD EDIT - Moving this to Traders Section now that the initial guaging of interest is complete. Good luck! 8) :mrgreen:

Update:
I will be starting this up in a few weeks and will be offering new heads out right.

Initially I will offer 85.5 stock bore, ported and 3angled seats etc, stainless valves, HD single springs and CroMo retainers. 35.5/32 valves

Plus 90.5 bore, ported, 3angled seats, dual springs, CroMo retainers, SS valves 40x32mm valves

I'll match port inlet manifolds to suit at extra cost.

Final price to be determined but will update shortly.

I will also modify your heads if you want to post them to me.

If anyone has a custom request please PM me.

Many thanks.

After a bit of a delay due to a severed tendon in my left hand ( of course I am also left handed) I am taking delivery of my first set of brand new heads. 10 off 85.5 bore and 10 off 90.5/92 bore. Both will be 40/35.5 with SS valves and HD single springs.
Once my costs are finalised I will be selling these as 3 options:
1: stock as is
2: flowed or 3 angle valve cut
3: flowed and 3 angle cut.

I may also be able to offer upgrades to Manley valves for extra but this can be discussed individually.

Heads land hear at end of the month and there will be a 2 week LT for options 2&3.

PM me for further details

Heads due in on Wednesday, so will put some photos up when they are unboxed. I'll be measuring the flow with my flow bench to get a comparison to stock and then show what the valve job and air flowing delivers.

Still waiting for the heads to arrive, Frank has delayed things a little. In the mean time I have built a flow bench to quantify any gains I get through the valve and head mods.
I have used my 113 1600 dual ports as a baseline and compared stock to one with modified seats/valves and flowed inlet ports.
The bench is not calibrated so the absolute figures are not meaningful, however the gains are what I am looking to measure.

Here is what I got:

14885c3c00ab8282af55596696362bb0.jpg

This is flow at 25" of H2O vs valve lift in inches

Pretty impressive really.
Next will be to measure the stock new heads (40mm inlet vs 35.5mm) and take it from there.

Below is a photo of my flow bench setup.
Any questions please ask.

8b3096446eafa3e097eb3b582ec6f510.jpg

-update: 20 cylinder heads arrived today. Will be making tests shortly and have them available in a weeks time.

Update, we have been measuring an 043 head to get baseline numbers.

1) stock inlet
2) modified inlet valve
3) modified seat and valve

Results:

6528684be3b3f26947430bce8865f195.jpg

Here you can see that simply reshaping the valve can add over 10% to low lift flow. When combined with a modified seat will give as much as 22% flow gain without even having to touch the ports or re-size the valves. You can see in the plot above that the valve/seat starts to run out of flow gain at over 0.450 inches of lift. Which is due to valve area/port flow. Considering a stock cam on 1.1:1 only gives 0.334" lift this will not be seen in a stock application. I will be flowing the inlet port later to see if there is any gain at low lift for stock set-up and also seeing if 40mm inlet will flow better still.

For 1776 and bigger, it is likely that a higher lift cam would be used and this would benefit from port flowing and or bigger inlet valves so I will repeat for the 40mm inlet valves and see what we get.

Latest posts