Headlamp aim adjustment diagram?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EgoTrippin

Reaction score
My MOT is this week, and I messed around loads with my headlamps to get the yellow euro lenses to fit.

Now I have removed the euro lenses for the test, I need to re-adjust the aim of the headlamps.

Is there a simple diagram available of where the lamps should be aiming? I know to park the bus facing a wall, its just where exactly the light should be hitting the wall.

Cheers :)

Adjusting headlamps is the bane of my life, I set them on the trucks at work for MOT with our VOSA 'approved' beam setter. Get them to the test lane and 8 out of 10 times their out on the testers beam setter :|

Bastards :roll:

I'm pretty sure you would have passed with the yellow lenses Steve. Anyway that doesn't help you now you've already screwed around taking them off.

I don't think there is an exact science with old cars as long as they are pointing slightly down and to the curb. Do the wall test and see how they're pointing. Only a prick would fail you on it.

A prick did fail me on it :(
I did the wall test last night but turned out they were still too low.
Got a few other things to sort out on it but nothing major so should all be sorted soon.

Sorry to hear that mate. I don't think I need to tell you not to take it back to him. Good luck getting it all sorted. ;)

Latest posts