• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Headlamp relay for US 71

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
Does anyone have or know where I can get hold if a headlight dimmer relay for a 71 US Westy. The one that's in my bus is one of the later 5 pin relays which results in the lights being on all the time that the engine is running and no one seems to stick the 71 versions.

That's what's in at the moment and I'm having issues with the headlights being on all if the time. I googled this which pointed to others having the same problem and the fix being the correct relay :-

http://www.justkampers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=166187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, if it can be made to work all the better !

Did you read the post I did a while back think it was cant flash won't flash.Not sure if its a similar issue but I converted mine over to the later style relay as the American models never had a flash function if you pull the lever back.
I put pics on as well to make life easier

Yeah, it's a later style relay in mine but its causing problems with the lights. I've googled and some sites suggest you need a one year only relay but I've just come across another that's suggesting a fault with the euromax relays which is what is fitted

From memory there's an issue with the aftermarket relays and I'm sure we've had this problem before, I'm sure but can't guarantee it that you need to provide a live feed to pin 30 on the relay for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Graham L said:
From memory there's an issue with the aftermarket relays and I'm sure we've had this problem before, I'm sure but can't guarantee it that you need to provide a live feed to pin 30 on the relay for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cheers Graham, yeah there is a live feed there already but googling has highlighted a possible issue with Euromax relays. I'm just looking to get hold of another make to see if this cures the issue

Sorted, replacing the dodgy Euromax relay with a different one sorted it all out. Indicators have packed up now but thats another problem :roll:

Can I ask where you got your replacement relay from Bobster, I think I'm having the same issues....

own a Bay?........Feel the love!

Latest posts