Headlight relay 69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tricksum

Reaction score
My 69 RHD UK bus has operating side lights,main beam and flash function but will not stay on full beam.Blue high beam indicator light illuminates and I can hear the large galvanised steel relay clicking.
Relay removed and terminals cleaned but main beam to permanent full beam still not working.
Does that mean that with all functions working except permanent full beam almost certainly points to relay malfunction.

I did not recieve any response to my post but I replaced the original relay with a modern version and the headlights are now operating perfectly.
The original galvanised steel Bosch relay looked like it had come from Frankenstein's laboratory and was almost the size of a small tin of corned beef which gave a satisfying clonk when the flasher was operated.The modern plastic replacement by Mylie was not much bigger than a large oxo cube that had a pathetic click.
I intend to renovate and refit the Bosch relay.

Probably corroded over the years. Lots of buses have a leaky windscreen which dribble water onto the fuse box. Be great if you could renovate the OG relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts