Heat exchanger flap levers.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocker

Reaction score
On one side the lever has come off the heat exchanger completely. Is it a case of simply buying a new lever assembly and fitting to the exchanger or are the levers actually part of the exchanger itself and therefore a new exchanger is needed?
Thanks.

just bash a new lever on :p fitting them isn't as simple as you'd imagine, but once you've got your head around it it's fine. if you get stuck, post up pics of what you have in the kit, and the exchanger itself- it's been years since i've done one.

but for a bus its the welded on lever at the top (outside)the inner long bit is for a BEETLE :roll:

Thanks for the replies. Still not got it. The actual arm that attaches to the exchanger. Is it welded on ie. Part of the exchanger itself or can a new arm from a kit be screwed/ bolted on?
Cheers.

That's whay I'm doing this week, gave up trying to fix the old ones so went and brought two new ones from VWH, I think they're a bit shitty and made in Taiwan, but they are the best ones I've found at £110 each.
First filled all the gaps where they are thrown together with gun gum, sanded, then painted with loads of VHT paint, so hopefully they wont rust away too fast.

So the arms that fitted to your old exchanger. Were they changeable or have they broken off and not replaceable?

They both had the arm the cable attaches to broken off, tried to bodge some thing on as the actuall heat exchanger has nothing wrong with it, but it proved impossible so just cutt my losses and brought two new ones, but like I said earlier they may be the best I could find but I still think they are a bit shit.
No heat leaks now I've filled the holes.
Just got to fit them now.

Latest posts