Heat exchangers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdeano

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm thinking of removing the heat exchangers on the van (have propex), and was wondering if there would be any difference in engine temp as the flexi hose from the fan shroud would just be 'hanging' above the exhaust!, and how much do you take off?, any pics etc, cheers dean

i've run mine for a couple of years now without exchangers first year no propex (still sat in garage), wife not impressed at 3am going down the M5 and my mate comes on the CB and ask's how it running on J tubes, fine i say no problems at all, look sidways to dirty look from her indoors is "is that why i am bloody frezzing" oops got it fitted quick before brighton breeze you knoe 2011 breeze when it was 30 degrees in the shade all weekend.................

oh yeah all i did was blank off the ports out of the fan shround, rightly or wrongly someone might enlighten us both.

Cheers for the reply, you say you blanked off at the fan shroud?, abit new to the aircooled scene but i thought the flexi hoses were to get rid of hot air out of the engine bay?, or does it disperse elsewhere

The flexis blow cool air into the heat exchangers.
The fan shroud (with fan)draws and directs the air cooling the hot lower engine components.

So the engine wont run any hotter if blanked off on the fan shroud?, dont want too temp fate etc

Blanking them might cause the air from the fan to flow differently I would keep the pipes attached.

Latest posts