Heater levers help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattie

Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone please point me to a how to on how to change my heater levers.
Had a good poke about but I don't want to break something.

Just pull them out towards you, but take note of the springy bits and put them back in the same way.

They are secured by some small white plastic pop rivet type things. Someone sells them on ebay.

After spending ages trying to remove them (so they could be reused ) I just ended up cutting them off using Stanley knife/long nosed pliers and the blade from a hacksaw.

To get to them I used both the hole for the radio (which I had to remove ) as access and also lying on the cab floor looking up into the heater levers.

Was a right chew on!

They are a bugger to get out without damaging them but it can be done, i did..!! :D

I used a small socket @3-4mm in size and pushed it onto the flared side of the plastic stopper which seams to push the thing together so it pops back out. You do have to have 360 degrees arm joimts, patience and a good back to do this..!!?? :lol:

Thanks for the reply I thought it looked like a 5 minute job but sadly not by the sounds of it and I need to be a catortionist :lol:

I just did mine yesterday. Mongrel of a job but as already said, can be done. I went the route of undoing the springs. I take a load of photos with my phone to remind me how it all goes back in. I'm too stupid to remember on my own.

Quincey said:
I just did mine yesterday. Mongrel of a job but as already said, can be done. I went the route of undoing the springs. I take a load of photos with my phone to remind me how it all goes back in. I'm too stupid to remember on my own.

Any chance of posting some of the pictures.

Latest posts