Heater tubes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie58

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Bay window tin top
I have some of those corrugated heater tubes that go from the exchanger to the heating ducts. I took them off when I removed the engine. Now I can’t get them back on. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3915.jpeg
    IMG_3915.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
ive never had an issue but then again I don’t think I’ve taken mine off when the motors out. Is there just not quite enough room? Would making them a bit softer by blowing a hair dryer / hot air gun through them help. That work’s really well on the front bumper step rubbers too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, is it just space?

They can be a tight fit but by squeezing them up by the concertina sides is enough. As Oz says, trying warming them up a bit? (If this is the issue).

It’s just the really I can almost get it but not quite. Maybe I need someone younger and stronger to do it. I’m 65 now and not as strong as I used to be 🥴

I think Ozziedog has hit the nail on the head here, warm them up a bit and it'll be easier, they'll become that tiny bit more pliable and it sounds like you only need a tiny bit :)

Try them the other way round and rotate them as you are putting them back. Also they are not left or right handed but I have found that it is easier to mark them as left or right when removing so they go back easier.

On another note anyone know how to test an oil pressure sender. My gauge isn’t registering anything at the moment.

Support the engine from underneath. Undo the moustache engine mounts. Wiggle the engine slightly to one side, might be enough to get one in. If successful repeat the other side.

On another note anyone know how to test an oil pressure sender. My gauge isn’t registering anything at the moment.
Ground the wire from the sending unit with the ignition on, the gauge should move.
The only other way is to remove the sending unit and using an airline blow into the hole and then measure the resistance change across the terminals.

Latest posts