Heavy duty clutch release arm

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy

Reaction score
Hi All

Looking for some advice/info.

I need to drop my engine to replace the clutch release bearing before a trip to France in 2 weeks, so I thought I would fit a heavy duty release arm whilst Im in there, after seeing what happened to froggys :shock: and one or two others.

The question I have is, as the kit only comes with one of the bushes, clutch arm side, do I need another size bush for the starter end or will the release arm fit into the stock bush?

thanks all

Ian

HD arms should fit into stock bushes.

I say "should" because I have read varios reports of ill fitting repro parts, so call HD units where the welds snapped off and even a couple where the arms were not welded onto the shaft in the correct place, meaning the release bearing was not central.

What I normally do it use the stock item with stock clutches and if fitting an HD clutch cover plate, like a kennedy stage 1 or 2, then I beef up the original welds on the stock arm.

My 'heavy duty' clutch release arm failed as wasn't welded properly on one side. Lasted 100 miles. Got a new one (f.o.c) from the supplier and got additional welds put all round the area that the forks attach to save the same things happening again and strongly recommend that you do the same.

Hiya Ian,

meowdmucker said:
.........got additional welds put all round the area that the forks attach to save the same things happening again and strongly recommend that you do the same.

This is definitely the way to do it.

Latest posts