Hello... New"bay" saying hey

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish gerry

Reaction score
Hey, thought i'd finally say hello, been looking through the forum for the last few weeks looking for help and ideas since picking up my new bay.

anyway heres my story so far, been in to airkooled dubs for the last few year, had a beetle, then brought a late bay 3 and a half years back, sadly last month it had a fight with rust and the rust won.

over the last 6 months i've had a notion to have a early bay, and since my van gave up this was the perfect time to get one.

so the perfect bus came up and i took delivery, it's from California, and i love it,still not drove it yet so can't wait to have a shot, it's a 1971 tin top delux, with a factory steel sun roof.

so hopefully i'ii be on the road for spring, and also looking forward to getting to know you guys and getting all your top tips lol

so pics here we go..
my old van
leedsfestival057.jpg

what went wrong with the old one....rot on the beam and the chassis
bay006.jpg

bay007.jpg

my new toy..
camper003.jpg

camper009.jpg

sunday7october2007036.jpg

me hard at work.
sunday7october2007029.jpg

i'ii post photos of the progress as we go along.

thanks for looking 8)

Aw man wheres everyone finding these sliding roofs... green with envy..ha ha

good to see another deluxe on the roads..

welcome fella

Agree, one nice looking ride dude and welcome to the mad house that is EBF (earlybay forum :wink: ) :D

hello mate and welcome, getting stuck straight in I see, good lad! 8)

Welcome aboard - nice looking deluxe you've got yourself there!

Your last bus looked great but I guess the rust was all out of sight...

Look forward to seeing your progress!

;)

well a wee up date,

the van's been away for a few weeks getting a lot of work done and getting a MOT woohoo

it's had the engine fitted, battery tray fitted, and loads of other bits and bobs done. it's now all wax-oiled and under sealed to try help fit the nasty rust :p

so here we are so far..

camper011.jpg

camper014.jpg

camper015.jpg

camper018.jpg

now it's back the next target is Interior and body work 8)

well it's been a while so thought it's time for a update.

manages to get myself a rear bumper for it, and local which was a result 8)

the vans went in to get it bodywork done, so hope in the next few weeks it will be lovely and shiny :D

so far here is what the van is like now.

ud08073.jpg

ud08074.jpg

ud08075.jpg

ud08076.jpg

will post as progress moves on :wink:

well project baywatch is well underway....finally wooohooo.

once the front bumper was removed it uncovered the bottom of the front panel, which was badly dented in, the body shop man wanted to put a front panel on it but i wasn't wanting to go down that route, so talked him in to repairing it which so far has been 2 days beating it out, this is how it looked tonight.
bay005.jpg

bay001-2.jpg

the front windscreen was removed today to, and revealed the rust along the bottom of the screen was not as bad as it looked....am i happy??? yes i am ;-)
bay004.jpg

bay003.jpg

alll going in the right direction doood! nice one 8)

it's been a while, the vans been getting it's bashes and dents taken out for weeks now and it's finally starting to get a coat of primer today...

so whats been happening,

well body work is well on it's way,

rock n roll beds in and fitted, and got sunroof cables, so things are looking good,

was aiming to have it on the road for next week, was Always my target to get it to our local dub show in Biggar, but theres still a bit to do before it's on the road, so fingers crossed i'ii be out on the road in a few weeks...so can't wait

anyway photos of how it looked today :wink:
SP_A0122.jpg

SP_A0121.jpg

SP_A0120.jpg

thres a few of us travelling over as we do each year to biggar, looks like a good show :)

Johnny said:
thres a few of us travelling over as we do each year to biggar, looks like a good show :)

i'ii still be at Biggar :p
its good fun i have my Cider sorted, and living in a tent this year :D

well it's been a great day for me.... the vans finally in colour i'm so happy..

paint001.jpg

paint004.jpg

paint005.jpg

paint006.jpg

paint007.jpg

paint008.jpg

paint009.jpg

paint010.jpg

it's getting taken out in the day light tomorrow for a look in proper light, but the painter and the guy who makes the paint are saying it might be worth putting a coat of Laquer on it, not sure if thats a good move or not..

any way it's moved on at full speed now, hope to be on the road really soon...

Latest posts