Hello

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About time I said hi, signed up when i was looking to buy, and since making that purchase been busy trying to get it running! Some of you may reconise it as when it was for sale it was advertised as the wrong year on this forum and some of you helped/advised the previous owner on the correct year.

Anyway i bought it it November last year knowing that the engine had end float, got on a train from Eastbourne to Newcastle and then drove it back. Good god what a journey! A friend came with me which was great as travelling back to Eastbourne at 55mph with an engine that is about to let go is not for the faint harted to add to all of this the gear selection really was - well shay we say not great!

With such a bad journey really couldnt work out why i felt so chuffed, got home and the kids loved it! i took them up the road and back then put it on the drive and removed the engine. Learnt how to stip and re-build it and am just at the stage of having it installed and runing. I will post some of the engine rebuild pitures in the gallery soon.

Woz

9517015912_df292f74be_c.jpg

Afternoon.
Nice looking van.
Newcastle to Eastbourne with a good engine would be scary enough :shock: .
Nicely done mind 8)

Rich

woz said:
With such a bad journey really couldnt work out why i felt so chuffed, got home and the kids loved it!
Woz

9517015912_df292f74be_c.jpg

That says it all, Woz. I bet your grin was stuck on for days. :D

Nice bus, welcome. Has it got an original Devon interior by any chance?

Kev

Thanks for the warm welcome, i have used the forum a lot as it is such a good reference!

Lee C said:
Hello n welcome along!!!

I recognise that van!!!
Do you recognise it from the for sale thread or do you actually know it? there was a Durham Dubbers sticker in the window.

Delilahtoo said:
Nice bus, welcome. Has it got an original Devon interior by any chance?

Kev
Afraid the PO had taken the original interior out, if it had of been in the van i would have kept it but as it has been removed my plan is to create something that will suit our needs.

I will try and put some more pictures up tomorrow of what i have been up to so far, one thing is for sure it has certainly been a steep learning curve!

Hello mate and welcome to the friendliest forum ever. Funnily enough I got a feeling that I recognise that van as well but it may be that it looks very similar to another I`ve seen. Now be on your best behaviour and don`t wash that van away, looks like it`s just had a good seeing to with the washing of it ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh,,,,, and big big welcome :mrgreen:

Hi, and welcome to EarlyBay.com! You have a lovely looking bus, I hope you and your family make many many good memories to treasure in and with it!

Catch up with you sometime no doubt!

Hello and welcome. Peace be among you and all of your cattle 8)

ozziedog said:
easy said:
Hello and welcome. Peace be among you and all of your cattle 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you camped on a farm by any chance Senor Easy ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Tickled me did that :mrgreen:

:lol: Sounds like Easy has met my family already :lol:

Latest posts